McLaren Life banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Someone posted a v12 update may have just been released. Can anyone confirm and if so what does the update include?

·
Registered
1,449 Posts
My 12C is being updated with the brandnew update as we speak, however the update is - again - rather related to the drivetrain.

·
Registered
6,889 Posts
Yes, it is out - got back my car today with it updated. The dealer read me the highlights - mostly sensor and module calibration tweaks, but nothing that you will notice while driving. For example, new oil level check procedure, Chinese language support, etc. Although they did update something to do with the engine cover and luggage compartment latch logic, so you may notice that. Like any software update, it probably includes an array of other minor improvements that they didn't bother mentioning. For example, I noticed that if you view tire pressures, by default the display keeps showing you that until you explicitly navigate away from it, instead of using a timeout.

Car drives the same. IRIS the same. Somewhat odd that they would designate it platform 12, which, being an integer, kind of implies some major changes. But engineers have their reasons! :)

p.s. one thing to note is that it will reset preferences, such as choice of tires in the menu. If you have Corsas, remember to manually select after the update. ISG settings, too.

·
Registered
551 Posts
I would have liked dutch language support.

·
Registered
4,955 Posts
Actually sarf London would be helpful

·
Registered
1,449 Posts
Best part of v12 is that the seat return function is now available always right after entering the car and closing the driver side door.

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
Best part of v12 is that the seat return function is now available always right after entering the car and closing the driver side door.
Ah, I need to get that upgrade. That "bug" annoys me every time I enter the car :)

·
Registered
715 Posts
Just got my car back. V12. All good so far. The seat return is good. Should be tied to the key.

Each key is tied to a memory position. When you hit the start button it auto returns to your mem position.

A girl can dream.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts