McLaren Life banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
4,955 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My car returned today but ice and snow curtailed playtime to a few slippery yards of travel.

The upgrades seem to have changed the cars character and made it much more responsive, as best I can tell on sheet ice, with the SatNav graphics OK and definitely post Sega/Sinclair era. Sound quality and radio transformed.

Some questions

1. The exhaust seems harder edged (outside the car). Is this a fact or is my lack of memory, pre upgrade to the car, letting me down? I doubt my memory can be upgraded.

2. The ability to alter the intake sound into the cabin makes a big difference and is welcome but is the Track mode still painfully loud?

3. Why do Mclaren insist that the primary connected mobile phone is called David's iPhone (page 9 of manual supplement). My name is not David and I do not use an iPhone!

Overall a brilliant strategy by Mclaren to upgrade the car. It makes you feel like a valued customer!

Well done Ron, Antony and your helpers.

·
Registered
11,177 Posts
RIC,you still there?? I agree with the track mode,at certain times it is painfull,but now we have the option.I dont notice any increase in outside noise,but to honest ive never been outside of the car when its running!! But as you say well done to the tech boys ,its now a different beast.

·
Registered
4,955 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm sort of convinced it has a harder edge to the external exhaust but I admit that is what I want to believe!

·
Registered
4,955 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
One other issue I forgot. The throttle seems to require more travel to achieve given revs........can anybody confirm this? However I have only driven at low revs due to sheet ice conditions.

·
Registered
477 Posts
RIC when the ICE goes ( PUT YOUR RIGHT FOOT TO THE FLOOR & HOLD ON THATS HOW TO DRIVE A 12c ). Please don't hit the wheels AGAIN ! ! ! ! ! !

·
Registered
4,955 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Robbie, as usual sound advice. Thanks,

By the way have you purchased any 13 registrations which went on sale this week. As you know 13 is a B so perfect for RO 13 IE, or RO13ERT........no your a RO13BY.

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
I'm still waiting for my car to go in to McLaren London (don't ask, I'm biting my tongue here) but this whole update thing confuses me a bit. Surely McLaren must be able to provide a 'list' of what they've done to the car? Is it a secret? Has anyone actually asked in any detail?
Just seems to be a considerable amount of speculation, apart from the obvious stuff....

·
Registered
4,955 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Naranga. It is not a secret, they are very open. The list from memory is as follows.

1. Engine remap.....more go same emissions

2. Gearbox remap. Faster and smoother change plus if you hold the down shift it will sequentially change down when approaching a bend with a throttle blip between each change. The old box went straight to the lowest gear.

3. The Iris has Bluetooth and phone connectivity including contacts

4. SatNav installed

5. Additional radio Tuner added plus additional aerials

6. Meridian sound system enhanced beyond recognition with equalisers and other stuff beyond mine and Robbies comprehension......flac, lossless, MP3 etc etc.....I wish I understood this baloney.

7. The seat will reset to last position or memory if you pull the left hand lower stalk.

8.The exhaust induction into the cabin has default and changeable setting, peace on earth or noisey as hell.

9. You get another 94 page Iris instruction book and 14 page Manual Supplement.

10. The doors are significantly easier to close or I have eaten too much spinach

11. You will be very pleased you own a Micklaren!

·
Registered
11,177 Posts
Naranga. It is not a secret, they are very open. The list from memory is as follows.

2. Gearbox remap. Faster and smoother change plus if you hold the down shift it will sequentially change down when approaching a bend with a throttle blip between each change. The old box went straight to the lowest gear.

4. SatNav installed

6. Meridian sound system enhanced beyond recognition with equalisers and other stuff beyond mine and Robbies comprehension......flac, lossless, MP3 etc etc.....I wish I understood this baloney.

7. The seat will reset to last position or memory if you pull the left hand lower stalk.

8.The exhaust induction into the cabin has default and changeable setting, peace on earth or noisey as hell.

10. The doors are significantly easier to close or I have eaten too much spinach

RIC,you said you were losing your memory,i would have taken days to remember that lot,still it was months ago when i had mine done ;)
12.the windscreen wipers come on now if your headlights are on ??

·
Registered
1,149 Posts

4. SatNav installed

Thanks for that Ric, well listed. I was just being grumpy.
So your throttle response must be to do with the re-map?
I just can't wait now. Hopefully going in next week.

·
Registered
824 Posts
RIC,you said you were losing your memory,i would have taken days to remember that lot,still it was months ago when i had mine done ;)
12.the windscreen wipers come on now if your headlights are on ??
Andy, not sure quite what you mean re wipers?

Please expand.

Andy and RIC.

Is IRIS now more sensitive to the touch (Oh no Mrs!)

I mean, does the touch screen now take less than 2 minutes to come alive and respond to my/your delicate caressing!!

·
Registered
11,177 Posts
andy,
I believe I read: If you have selected the 'rain sensing wipers mode' -- the headlights will automatically be switched on when rain causes the wipers to operate.
Thanks Limey,i knew it was one or the other,seems its me whose losing my memory not RIC!!! Funny when i read it back i thought it sounded a bit strange!!

·
Registered
4,955 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
13. The horn has been fixed. It now works. Forgot this one.

·
Registered
4,955 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
14.The door hardware has been changed so the doors close much easier. ForgOt this one too.

·
Registered
6,894 Posts
i'm still waiting for my car to go in to mclaren london (don't ask, i'm biting my tongue here) but this whole update thing confuses me a bit. Surely mclaren must be able to provide a 'list' of what they've done to the car? Is it a secret? Has anyone actually asked in any detail?
Just seems to be a considerable amount of speculation, apart from the obvious stuff....
:)...
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1354898639.372834.jpg

·
Registered
11,177 Posts
i Never got one of those !! Manchester must be slacking,phone call on monday i think :)

1 - 20 of 25 Posts