McLaren Life banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
It's time... I'm going to trade-in my F360F1 (my first Ferrari) to an MP4-12C.

I've been offered a great deal on a coupe (2012, 6000km w/ 2013 upgrade) through a McLaren dealer here in Oz. I've driven an MP4 a couple of time - very impressive. This one is Graphite Grey with stealth pack / stealth wheels, IRIS, Meridian sound system.

I've had to replace a clutch in the 360 (ouch!) - my question is, in "normal" sort of driving (with the odd track day), is clutch wear an issue with the MP4?

·
Registered
862 Posts
Hey dokken, welcome to McLarenlife.

Clutch wear is one of the most regular questions from prospective owners. The answer is that the clutch in the 12C should last the lifetime of the car so you should have no issue.

Graphite Grey is the colour to have .... But you could say I'm biased :)

·
Registered
632 Posts
Hey dokken, welcome to McLarenlife.

Clutch wear is one of the most regular questions from prospective owners. The answer is that the clutch in the 12C should last the lifetime of the car so you should have no issue.

Graphite Grey is the colour to have .... But you could say I'm biased :)
Welcome aboard! I just got mine recently too and now I'm surprised to see that the clutch will last that long! That's news to me! I did not know that! Good information to know!

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks guys..... the clutch and belt wear (or lack thereof) is great news for the Mclaren. The 360 was my first Ferrari and I didn't think to even ask about them. I'd had Beamers and Porsches prior and never had to replace a clutch or belts.

·
Registered
11,177 Posts
Thanks guys..... the clutch and belt wear (or lack thereof) is great news for the Mclaren. The 360 was my first Ferrari and I didn't think to even ask about them. I'd had Beamers and Porsches prior and never had to replace a clutch or belts.
I see you have found out there are no belts :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts