McLaren Life banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This past week I noticed a rattle from the undercarriage. McLaren San Francisco diagnosed the problem as one of the bolts underneath coming loose. Note they need to be tightened from the center out.

Posting an image in case anyone comes across the same issue. Rattles in cars can be one of the hardest things to fix :eek:

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
This past week I noticed a rattle from the undercarriage. McLaren San Francisco diagnosed the problem as one of the bolts underneath coming loose. Note they need to be tightened from the center out.

Posting an image in case anyone comes across the same issue. Rattles in cars can be one of the hardest things to fix :eek:

Jesus it's one thing after another I see on the 12C. I've had my TURBO for over 4 years not one issue except yearly oil change n required maintenance. Still have OEM tires on it:eek::p

·
Registered
31 Posts
So what are you doing here?
Enjoy your turbo.
But I have to tell you this is the most fun, technologically advanced car I have ever owned. It is a marvel!

·
Registered
107 Posts
It's relative...

Jesus it's one thing after another I see on the 12C. I've had my TURBO for over 4 years not one issue except yearly oil change n required maintenance. Still have OEM tires on it:eek::p
Compared to my Turbo and F430 experience, the 12C has been the embodiment of perfection.

·
Registered
11,177 Posts
Sorry but it has got to the point were Widow feels he has to justify to himself why he didn't make the jump(at every opportunity) .If he had been with us at the RING over the last 3 days seeing the look on all the faces of the Porsche GT3RS drivers faces as McDc took them out,he might realise he is just fooling himself.The 12c was the only car that didn't bottom out at speed as well,so if driven properly any Porsche will have minor issues.But if he wants to cruise round on the same set of oem tyres,just take the Bus :)

·
Registered
4,955 Posts
Interestingly there were no Turbo's 911 at the Ring on Thursday........mainly GT3 RS's which, I have to say were quick. But the 12C was fast.....different league when in Martins hands......oh and Mickey who topped 300 kph on the straight.

·
Registered
4,955 Posts
By the way, if you don't use your car it will not have problems or wear the tyres out.............this is a pissing contest.

·
Registered
312 Posts
Lets be fair - I am sure widow is right, I would be surprised if the 911 had as many niggles as the Mac - but for crying out loud, how long has Porsche been honing that platform?? :confused:

We should also be greatfull that car manufacturers like Porsche and Lambo are here to show even boutique cars can be reliable, if it weren't for them, our cars would still be as finicky as the Ferraris and Lambos of yore.........

·
Professional Bum
252 Posts
This is probably misplaced...

I distinctly recall a comment made to me by a Florida salesman (Lambo) when I asked him "what about Porsche?" his reply was "Porsches are for (religious demographic) lawyers who are too scared to make the jump to a super car".... I almost spit the water out I was drinking....

Don't shoot the messenger. Admittedly I still chuckle at his remark.

·
Registered
2,650 Posts
You must admit though there are quite a few individuals on this forum who love to complain about this magnificent beast of a vehicle. Which in turn leads to remarks being made by the likes of widowmaker911, in a sense he just feeding the fire and of course trying to get under our skin. I know its tempting to actually scoop to his level, yet I prefer just turning a blind eye to such shallow remarks. Admittedly though I must say the responses thus far have been amusing to say the least. Cheers....??

·
Registered
89 Posts
You must admit though there are quite a few individuals on this forum who love to complain about this magnificent beast of a vehicle. Which in turn leads to remarks being made by the likes of widowmaker911, in a sense he just feeding the fire and of course trying to get under our skin. I know its tempting to actually scoop to his level, yet I prefer just turning a blind eye to such shallow remarks. Admittedly though I must say the responses thus far have been amusing to say the least. Cheers....??
I don't think widowmaker has had the opportunity to properly examine a 12C , I'm sure by making the effort he will formulate a more balanced and impartial appraisal.

Widow maker, take one out for a decent drive, get the dealer to invite you to a track day and soak up the McLaren ethos, study their philosophy and you'll be pleasantly surprised. Most of all drive the bloody pants off one!!
Enjoy.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts