McLaren Life banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Owner
544 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since Bruce has gone we haven't mentioned residuals :) but it seems to me that £144k is the lowest priced car (silver one - on pistonheads) and this has been at this price for several months now. So not really selling like hot cakes but at the same time prices not dropping daily.......maybe £150k is the level now with the upgrades and better media perception...?

·
Registered
964 Posts
It's only when I come hear I even considered the residuals... :eek:
I've yet to get the upgrades but even so driving the car is more than enough...
Apart from that, you only deal with residuals when you are selling :rolleyes:

The crash does look to of slowed and much better media coverage with the Spyder has done wonders...

·
Registered
58 Posts
In the States the prices seem to range from $230K to $250K depending on milage and options. Basicallly it seems to be about $30K off the sticker price of the new car. I have not seen a lot of cars around for sale but a few here and there. Seems like every owner likes his or hers and is not looking to sell unless an unforseen situation comes up.

·
Registered
824 Posts
I’ve been told that deliveries of coupes in the UK will be very limited next year and most spiders are spoken for.

Used stock has also been considerably reduced and so would expect (hope!) prices to remain much as they are now.

But as Garyw says, it’s not really an issue if you aren’t selling.

·
Registered
8,123 Posts
I’ve been told that deliveries of coupes in the UK will be very limited next year and most spiders are spoken for.

Used stock has also been considerably reduced and so would expect (hope!) prices to remain much as they are now.

agreed
although I would probably swap for a spider if the gap wasn't so great....

·
Registered
4,955 Posts

Curious, how we all get different 'stories'. I have been offered a Spider for April 2013, yet very few delivered in the UK.

Coupes are being built to order........just very few orders.

As for future residual I have to believe it will be driven by demand and availability. At this time availability exceeds demand so that must mean soft residuals but I'm from Mars so what do I know!

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
If I remember correctly, when I visited MPC a month ago, every car on the production line except one was a spider, including a few in the new McLaren yellow

·
Registered
2,650 Posts
It's great to hear that the coupe will only be produced on demand, the fewer the numbers, the more likely the car will maintain higher residuals. Without a doubt the V10 upgrade and spider do provide a lot of positives for the vehicle. For me having seen the spider in person, I prefer the lines of the coupe. As well I've had several convertibles and rarely do I drop the top, so to spend money on something I don't used does not make any sense. Cheers....

·
Registered
8,123 Posts
It's great to hear that the coupe will only be produced on demand, the fewer the numbers, the more likely the car will maintain higher residuals. Without a doubt the V10 upgrade and spider do provide a lot of positives for the vehicle. For me having seen the spider in person, I prefer the lines of the coupe. As well I've had several convertibles and rarely do I drop the top, so to spend money on something I don't used does not make any sense. Cheers....
I am with you on that one.. had an m3 convertible as a run around and whilst it was nice to have the roof off it was on a lot of the time as well...

also went and did mundane things in the m3... nothing we do in the 12c is mundane that's for sure. !

·
Registered
964 Posts
I was at the MPS centre today, all Spyders on the line and numbers for coupes mentioned next year was just double digits..

·
Registered
8,123 Posts
Am quite bullish on residuals now. I doubt there are many speculators buying spiders. So that debacle should be over. It's difficult to see the spider depreciating too much although arguably there's not huge demand either. But the gap should close and with restraint on production things should improve a smidge.. Talking my own book here of course

·
Registered
8,123 Posts
As for Germany, there seem to be quite a few speculators offering spiders. Apparently they haven't burned their hands enough with the Coupe :mad:
I might try and get on the end of one of those then when they barf them... waiting lists aren't that long so don't see much upside in europe:)

·
Registered
477 Posts
Feedback I just got from the trade is buy around GBP 120-125k and sell at GBP 140-150k. Net net, seems to have stabilized.
Thanks Boxer for the info i would not sale mine for 120k i would tell them to -----off :D
:D :D :D :D :D :D & have fun telling them :p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p

·
Owner
544 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Feedback I just got from the trade is buy around GBP 120-125k and sell at GBP 140-150k. Net net, seems to have stabilized.
They must be having a laugh - £125k???:eek::eek::eek:

Thats nearly half price on some of the heavily specced cars in 1 year. Better start thinking that this is a keeper and not worry about putting on the miles.....:D:D

·
Registered
208 Posts
Merry Christmas to you too Mr Scrooge :D:D:D:D:D:D

On a serious note Mclaren need to manage their residuals better if they are to build a successful brand, or they will end up like Lotus was in the 80's and 90's where no one would buy a new Esprit as the residuals were so poor, a good reputation is precious and a poor one hard to shake off with long term consequences

1 - 20 of 21 Posts