McLaren Life banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had a test drive in a 12C yesterday, fantastic car to drive and the acceleration!!!!!
My questions are

1/ Looking on PH there are 21 cars for sale and I'm looking at a 2012 car, I know some cars on there are priced @ £147k etc but I'd have thought £140k- should be on? I ask as someone that's a tad parsimonious ;)

2/ Are the car's sorted or are there still a few 'niggles' still?

·
Registered
2,650 Posts
Had a test drive in a 12C yesterday, fantastic car to drive and the acceleration!!!!!
My questions are

1/ Looking on PH there are 21 cars for sale and I'm looking at a 2012 car, I know some cars on there are priced @ £147k etc but I'd have thought £140k- should be on? I ask as someone that's a tad parsimonious ;)

Hey Geoff you've answered your own question, the car is fast and fantastic. As for price that's always tough due to options, market demand etc...., as for the so called niggles yes they still exist, but car doesn't have a coupe of these issues. I currently have a couple of vehicles and each and every one has a issue or two, so it's how bad do you want this fantastic car. Cheers.....??

·
Registered
964 Posts
I ask as someone that's a tad parsimonious ;)

Welcome Geoff
Said like a true Yorkshireman ;)

The 2012 car is a bit of a bargain considering that they upgraged them all in line with the latest model.
Apart from niggles that affect all manufacturers, the main ones with us still are software related.
If you ignore the IRIS then the car is well sorted, plenty of information on here regarding the software but none of it affects the drive of the car I'm pleased to say.

·
Registered
11,177 Posts
Glad your taking the plunge Geoff,looks like you didn't need a test drive with me !!!,I might of put you off ;),no mechanical issues as Gary says,if you need a chat about anything PM me and we can talk.
Let us know how you get on.

·
Registered
11,177 Posts
Also trying to place you Geoff, retired,8 miles from Beverly,308gtb,you are bound to know Norman Porter ??;)

·
Administrator
2,697 Posts
My questions are

Suggest you call Alastair at McLaren London. They have a couple of 12Cs and will make sure car is fully sorted prior to delivery.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hi Geoff,

I purchased a 2011 car last week from Birmingham, and it's very good! I don't understand why 2012 cars are often £10k - £20k more. Its my understanding that mechanically they are the same and with the latest update, software too. I've not come across any niggles yet.

My questions are

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Went back to the dealer today (after trying to think of excuses not to purchase a C12 last night) and now it's not 'if' I purchase one it's 'when'

So it's a C12 2012 in orange/darker orange/red, with carbon/stealth/ etc

·
Registered
6,889 Posts
Went back to the dealer today (after trying to think of excuses not to purchase a C12 last night) and now it's not 'if' I purchase one it's 'when'

So it's a C12 2012 in orange/darker orange/red, with carbon/stealth/ etc
Great news. Welcome to the fam. :)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts