McLaren Life banner

1 - 20 of 99 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok. So I'm being a bit impatient. Does anyone have an idea as to the format today?

Is it an evening event or a daytime, time slot/group event?

I'm certain someone will post a detailed review in the very near future. but I can't wait. As I wish I was there at this point in time.

·
Registered
1,449 Posts
Gather at TLC, unveiling with approx. one hour presentation by several McLaren managers, walk close up, sit in car, mingle and network while trying to access the limited configurator.

·
Registered
320 Posts
It was great! Suprised how many improvements there are on all levels. So 400 cars are being launched with 3 different editions consisting of 9 colours each.

·
Raawwrrrrr!
55 Posts
It was great! Suprised how many improvements there are on all levels. So 400 cars are being launched with 3 different editions consisting of 9 colours each.
Sam, so the first 400 customers will not be able to configure their cars?

·
Registered
1,449 Posts
Not really. As he wrote, there are three editions and several color/interior factory configured versions for each. They said 27, but no one was really sure about that.

·
Raawwrrrrr!
55 Posts
Not really. As he wrote, there are three editions and several color/interior factory configured versions for each. They said 27, but no one was really sure about that.

Sounds like the "Hero" colours and pre-defined configurations that you will be able to "select" and further tweak using the configurator. Just like the 570S and the predefined designs.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thank you Samc

Was it as we have already seen / or close? Would you / will you buy one? If you are sworn to secrecy we will understand.

Hope to be one of the early 400.s :)

·
2012 MP4-12C
8,008 Posts
What were the editions? Was it basic, medium, luxury. Or basic, sports, touring? Curious what the slants are.

·
Registered
4,215 Posts
Is it any bigger dimensions wise than the P11? I'm sure it is but I just want to know I'm right ;)

·
Registered
320 Posts
The colours available will all be available after. Not sure how many different colours actually. The first edition was the so called launch edition, the second was launch 2, not sure about the difference. I believe both were normal or comfort, so leather inside and not too much carbon outside. The third edition was called performance. Not all colours are available for all editions but most are. All colours are new. There were no bucket seats available i believe but not sure, not for the first 400 i mean. Mso options not available for this launch. Probably ends autumn/winter regarding delivery before 401 is delivered. Please note most of this information is from mclaren personel trying to answer all the storm of questions. They had great 3d screens and even vr for illustration.

I ordered it yes like all i think, and the most i liked was the overall improvement on all levels, and in regard to the looks it is overwhelming so i think i am going with a dark colour.

·
Registered
320 Posts
Thank you Samc

Was it as we have already seen / or close? Would you / will you buy one? If you are sworn to secrecy we will understand.

Hope to be one of the early 400.s :)
Yes, like we saw exactly. But not orange and without camo :)

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Yes, like we saw exactly. But not orange and without camo :)
Ha ha. You are a star ;)

Any idea when they will roll off the production line into the dealers showroom?

I can't wait to get up close and comfortable with one.

·
Super Moderator
4,409 Posts
One lives in hope that manufacturers see the sense in making cars smaller (well until roads get bigger....)!
I'm with you on this one. My garage dictates that I don't have much more room to go beyond the width of my 570 if I want to reliably keep the wing mirrors intact!

Love hearing all the play-by-play from the UK showing and now really can't want to see it in NYC!

-Jamie.

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
From Ferrari Chat (poster is on here too)

Just went to McLaren 720S launch at MTC. Was conducted in a mind blowing minimalist auditorium, the car is STUPENDOUS. Totally new carbon monocoque.

Design - totally new, eradicated side vents, glass roof with centre carbon support (visible). New interior also moves game on totally. Overall like a baby Pagani, all mauled look has gone. All plastic interior gone - aluminium. All LCD, screen folds away.

Performance - quicker than LT, 0/200 in less than 7.5 seconds. Fastest gear change of any production car.

Fraction above 488 money.

Ferrari will not know what to make of this car, its that big a step up.

I am a massive Ferrari fan. This car will be a wake up call.

Don't all start waffling on about depreciation etc, just celebrate innovation and guts to do this in 6 years !

Spy shots do not do this car justice.

1 - 20 of 99 Posts
About this Discussion
98 Replies
39 Participants
ZombiePhysicist
McLaren Life
McLaren Life is the best McLaren forum to discuss reliability, problems & more for supercar models like the F1, P1, 570, 650, 12C, and 720S!
Full Forum Listing