McLaren Life banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
862 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
McLaren Automotive and the UAE dealer, Al Habtoor Prestige, organised a 50th anniversary event last weekend. Quite a gathering of 12Cs (I'm embarrassed to admit that I didn't do a count but can make out at least 18 from the photos I took) and a couple of SLRs took a drive down to Abu Dhabi, a very nice spot of lunch and then back to Dubai to create traffic chaos by parking up on one of the main tourist routes.

I've created an album under my profile for the photos as it's easier than attaching them 1 post at a time via the iPad. The album is worth a look just to see the car with the Carbon Racing wheels and Pilot Sport Cup tyres (my apologies to the owner for not getting his permission to post but I didn't get a chance to talk to him), the UK registered Spider in Dubai (a first for me) or the James Hunt branded clothing line that has been released.

A couple of teasers here ...

Attachments

·
Registered
11,177 Posts
Thanks Jerry,good to see your piling on the miles,considering its your second car ;)
Don't like the look of the temperature though,i wouldn't make it through the day !!!!

·
Registered
862 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks Andy.

I'm misleading folks a little bit with that temperature readout, this was after a 100 km drive with ambient of maybe 43/44 deg C and then the cars just sat and heat soaked for a couple of hours when we had lunch. Credit to McLaren, at no point during the day did the engine temperature readouts stray above 50% and the air con blew a nice cool 21 deg C throughout.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts