McLaren Life banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6,909 Posts
His point was that they had engineered the tires jointly with Pirelli. Sheriff also commented that the various electronic aids were programmed based upon the grip characteristics of the tire design.
Did he specify which tire? i.e. the standard P Zero? Or the Corsa?

·
Registered
6,909 Posts
is anybody on the corsas? All the demo cars have been on regular pirelli p zeros. I am thinking of ordering it with the corsas since I will be doing track days when I get my 12c.
Have not driven the Corsas, but I saw a set mounted on Lightweight wheels in my dealer's showroom. I'm not sold on them - The tread is definitely deeper than a Michelin Pilot Sport Cup, for example, and as we have seen the wet performance is apparently shite anyway, so as a second set it may make more sense to see what other tires are available. I have to assume that a MPSC would be a better track day tire, although I have no idea yet if the size and spec will be compatible with the 12C.

I really (really, really) hope there are no warranty issues with fitting different tires, as that would be a very un-McLaren thing to do. Anything street legal and with a proper rating should be fair game.

·
Registered
6,909 Posts
I tried ordering the corsas in the US and was denied. You must order the second set of wheels.
Can you clarify? I think you mean that you cannot order the car delivered on the Corsas. But once your car is delivered, can't you order the Corsas as replacement tires?

Also, it appears the HS cars were delivered on Corsas?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts