McLaren Life banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's time to replace the tyres on my 650S coupe. The car had Corsa Asymetricos front and PZero rear, the combination was ok until you put a bit of spirited driving into it then it felt terrible, mostly the Corsas squealing and letting go. The Trofeo's are no longer available in Australia so I've decided to go with Michelin Pilot Cup Sport 2 (MPSC2). As a bonus they are a fraction of the price.
I've searched the forum and I get conflicting results. Which version should I get i.e. N0 or N1 or K1 etc. to avoid scrubbing and contact with the inner wheel liners. In Australia wheel spacers are not legal.

·
Owner
370 Posts
The Pilot Cup2s are great tires and very aggressive.
The PSS4's are also great tires. I switched from R888s and R888R's to them and really like the feel and grip. I thought there would be a substantial difference in grip but they are actually quite comparable.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I ended up going for the Michelin Pilot Sport Cup 2 N0 tyres. I haven't done a track day yet but on the road they are demonstrating much better grip and feel compared to the Pirelli P Zero. There's no rubbing using the stock wheels. The only negative is they are a little more noisy on the highway.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Out of curiosity what are the differences between N0 or N1 or K1? Is that a porsche designation or load?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yes. The N's are Porsche and the K's are Ferrari. I would have assumed the K would be more appropriate considering both Mac and Ferrari are mid engines V8's. However popular opinion from those with experience were steering me to the N0. Side by side im not qualified to describe the difference between the P Zero and the PSC2 but they look different.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts