McLaren Life banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm getting continuous Tyre Fault warnings :mad:

There's nothing wrong with the tyres though!!

Spoke with service who's view was "Yes they are very sensitive, we can't do anything"…

This kinda defeats the object of having the system really…

Anybody else had issues, is it a known fault?

Thanks

Andy M

·
Registered
11,177 Posts
You get them often in our winter first thing in the morning, as they tend to show a low pressure with the air temp being so cold,then it goes off once you have warmed the tyres,just try a couple of lbs more per corner and it wont come on first thing,plus its unlikey to effect anything else as your never going to get them up to the pressures you do in the summer ..............I check the tyre pressures first thing and if they are normally operating at 2 bar,they will show 1.7 in this weather and set off the alarm (at the front)

·
Registered
8,123 Posts
Concur with that, whilst they went off a bit, the alarm was always true, high pressure, Low pressure high temp... As Andy says a couple more tenths of pressure now it's a bit colder will solve it am sure...

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
You get them often in our winter first thing in the morning, as they tend to show a low pressure with the air temp being so cold,then it goes off once you have warmed the tyres,just try a couple of lbs more per corner and it wont come on first thing,plus its unlikey to effect anything else as your never going to get them up to the pressures you do in the summer ..............I check the tyre pressures first thing and if they are normally operating at 2 bar,they will show 1.7 in this weather and set off the alarm (at the front)
Can't believe you have yours set to bar Andy?! Thought you'd have been in old money...

Agree with the above posts though OP, exactly the same here, in fact all four corners go off until there's some warmth in them, usually about 2 miles. You can cancel them by pressing the ok button on the end of the stalk but I'm sure you knew that. Although there's every chance they'll pop up again within the 2 miles (ish).

·
Registered
11,177 Posts
Still said a couple of lbs !!,no idea what that is in BAR ;) Though I pleased the last platform allows you to keep the pressures/temps on the screen permanently if you need to.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts