McLaren Life banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Owner
544 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
.....why does it ask in Settings which tyres you are using, and what if you are using a non "approved" tyre? Does it matter to the traction control?

·
Phil
241 Posts
It should make no difference whatsoever to TC as grip is as dependant upon the road surface as the tyre compound, and you don't have to specify the road surface...

·
Registered
862 Posts
Just guessing, but do the temperature and pressure alarms have different set points for the different tyres?

·
Registered
8,123 Posts
The corsa will run hotter... Not sure about pressure, but that will be some of what those settings are about

·
Registered
11,177 Posts
Has anyone filled their tires using nitrogen?? If so have you noticed any difference? Cheers.....
From what I have read ( would be glad to be corrected) nitrogen is better because it hold less moisture and is better for corrosion of the alloys,i thought it was because it was more stable for temp and pressures,but apparently that makes little difference :confused:

Of course Gunfick der russetor will know the answer,but i don't think he inhabits this site too often!!

·
Registered
2,650 Posts
From what I have read ( would be glad to be corrected) nitrogen is better because it hold less moisture and is better for corrosion of the alloys,i thought it was because it was more stable for temp and pressures,but apparently that makes little difference :confused:

Of course Gunfick der russetor will know the answer,but i don't think he inhabits this site too often!!
So andy have you had yours done, yea or nay:rolleyes: and who the hell is Gunfick der russetor:confused:, it almost sounds like something FZ would say from Joe's Garage:D. It does sound German and I have German lineage butt that does not register:eek: Cheers......

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
The settings are for pressure and heat warnings that are different for each type.

Mine warns me right now once I hit 280 or so kph because I did not increase tire pressure for high speed driving.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts