McLaren Life banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Two of McLaren's "Not-So-Common" Black paint variants, Fire Black and Sapphire Black.

Hey McLaren Life,

We wanted to show our McLaren Life family some photos we took of some special Black 12C's we've added to our inventory. Most pictures you seen on the web don't appear to give the true look of either. We hope the following photos demonstrate how meticulous McLaren Automotive is about the paint on their 12C's. Please keep in mind these photos are taken in direct sunlight so the color hue becomes more apparent. In cloudy weather or in the shade, these two special paints look almost undistinguishable from Carbon Black. The Blue hue in the Sapphire Black is more prominent then the Red/Orange in Fire Black in the shade or in cloudy weather.

First up is Sapphire Black on our 12C Spider.

Next is Fire Black on our 12C Coupe.

We want to thank you all for letting McLaren Newport Beach be apart of the McLaren Life family.

Best regards,

·
Registered
102 Posts
Those are some really great pictures!! I really like the Fire Black and I'm sure that the pics don't do either car justice!

·
Premium Member
1,868 Posts
Two wonderful examples ... Fire Black :cool:

I may be a little partial but it's that good!

Side note ... may want to darken up those wheels :)

·
Registered
114 Posts
The Fire black is very nice. That is how it looks in bright sunlight, however under a cloudy sky it appears either just black or perhaps with just a hint of fleck

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
Saw a sapphire black coupe during my last visit to Woking, its gorgeous. Would look good on a P-1

1 - 10 of 10 Posts