McLaren Life banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All , New 2017 L/E 720 owner here , so forgive me if this sounds stupid . I came off a roundabout , low speed and flicked it up into second , foot down and there was quite a noticeable lag with the turbo . Ive noticed it a couple of times now . Is this common while revs are low ? .Thanks in advance ))

·
2019 Paris Blue 720S
2019 720S
976 Posts
Hi All , New 2017 L/E 720 owner here , so forgive me if this sounds stupid . I came off a roundabout , low speed and flicked it up into second , foot down and there was quite a noticeable lag with the turbo . Ive noticed it a couple of times now . Is this common while revs are low ? .Thanks in advance ))
Almost certainly the nannies saving you from an expensive disaster. If you want to hoon around, locate the ESC button...first push gives you increased fun factor in Sport mode, or even more hoorah if you are in Race mode. A second push turns the nannies off completely. Pick your poison.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Almost certainly the nannies saving you from an expensive disaster. If you want to hoon around, locate the ESC button...first push gives you increased fun factor in Sport mode, or even more hoorah if you are in Race mode. A second push turns the nannies off completely. Pick your poison.
Ok so , traction shutting if down ? Didnt think about that and didnt know about the esc for traction options . Best have a read of the Holy book )) .Thanks

·
Registered
530 Posts
Watch and see if the yellow esc light lights up lower left little screen beside steering wheel.

On track my car felt the same occasionally. Until i realised cold tyres and was esc kicking in and reducing power. Noticed the tell tale yellow flashing on and off one day.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts