McLaren Life banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I've joined the club :D

2011/61 Volcano red plenty of goodies with all 2013 mods done with 115 miles!!! Serviced at 85 miles, think it'll be getting a little more use from now on!

Be sad to see the R8 Spyder go it's been a cracking car.

Let the fun begin ;-)

Andy M

·
Registered
11,177 Posts

2011/61 Volcano red plenty of goodies with all 2013 mods done with 115 miles!!! Serviced at 85 miles, think it'll be getting a little more use from now on!

Let the fun begin ;-)

Andy M
Congrats,bet you forget the R8 in the next 115 miles,if not far sooner :)

·
Registered
1,624 Posts

Let the fun begin ;-)

Andy M
Congratulations Andy. I think you'll find out that you have made a wise choice :)

Report back with your thoughts on the car once you've driven it for a while.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Congrats Andy. Nice choice of color. Very low mileage for a 2011, lucky for you.
Post some pics when you get the car.

Cheers.

·
Registered
11,177 Posts
Well Andy,surprised to see a 2011 car with so few miles on in the UK,I thought it was a states car that had been over bought for stock,what on earth had they been doing with it for so long!!

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Came from a private collection. Been into McClaren to service and do all of the 2013 mods, effectively a new car. Serviced at 85 miles now with 115 LOL Anyone heard about a new Iris system due for release shortly? Led to believe it'll be a chargeable though but has sorted all the glitches.

·
Registered
11,177 Posts
Came from a private collection. Been into McClaren to service and do all of the 2013 mods, effectively a new car. Serviced at 85 miles now with 115 LOL Anyone heard about a new Iris system due for release shortly? Led to believe it'll be a chargeable though but has sorted all the glitches.
That makes sense.The new iris is out in September,as of yet they haven't made a decision on what or who to charge,but I'm sure we will find out soon.

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
Congratulations!! You will forget about the R8 after your first spirited drive.

Retarding CCB: They look cooler and produce less brake dust. Other than that - not much benefit IMHO

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks guys! Guess the dust won't be so bad on the stealth wheels. Drove a new DSG R8 with Carbons and it was weird to get back after a good thrash with clean wheels ;-) Guess you'll never out do the steels with normal street use anyhow. Two more "sleeps" left ;-)

·
Registered
11,177 Posts
Thanks guys! Guess the dust won't be so bad on the stealth wheels. Drove a new DSG R8 with Carbons and it was weird to get back after a good thrash with clean wheels ;-) Guess you'll never out do the steels with normal street use anyhow. Two more "sleeps" left ;-)
A few of us spent last Thursday thrashing around Donington on one of the hottest days of the year,most of us had standard brakes,and no brake issues for any that I was aware of,and that's constantly standing on the brakes at 140mph into the chicane,it was the tyres that was the limiting factor,as we were getting vibration from them melting and getting pickup from everyone elses rubber,once I knew what it was,it made me understand what real racing drivers have to adjust to :D

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
A few of us spent last Thursday thrashing around Donington on one of the hottest days of the year,most of us had standard brakes,and no brake issues for any that I was aware of,and that's constantly standing on the brakes at 140mph into the chicane,it was the tyres that was the limiting factor,as we were getting vibration from them melting and getting pickup from everyone elses rubber,once I knew what it was,it made me understand what real racing drivers have to adjust to :D
I did Donington in my X-bow last year. Loved Craner curves, lot of bottle to hold it flat through there! and Coppice was brilliant with it's blind entry. Snetterton 300 is my favourite, plenty of room to get it wrong, which on cold slicks is always a good thing ;-)

https://www.dropbox.com/s/hvhj7ov4w58z13y/XSP_0196_exposure.JPG

·
Registered
11,177 Posts
I did Donington in my X-bow last year. Loved Craner curves, lot of bottle to hold it flat through there! and Coppice was brilliant with it's blind entry. Snetterton 300 is my favourite, plenty of room to get it wrong, which on cold slicks is always a good thing ;-)

https://www.dropbox.com/s/hvhj7ov4w58z13y/XSP_0196_exposure.JPG
Scary!! What time would an x-bow do on the full circuit (Melbourne loop included) ? By the way I couldn't go flat through the craner curves,i had to lift slightly!

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Here's the record for the National circuit, can't find any details for the full track though.
GTC2: Peter Belshaw/Clutton (KTM Xbow) 1m11.258s (99.98mph) 03/04/11

Mine's modded to 360bhp and it's what the car needs. It's brilliant fun! This is a video taken from an Atom 300 at Snetterton. Skip through the first few laps. A Cosworth had split an oil line but continued driving, much to the marshall's displeasure! The only time the Atom can get back at me is under braking. On the straights and through the corners I'm gone ;-)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_foi6z32k9s

1 - 18 of 18 Posts