McLaren Life banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'll be in London Jan 8-13. Hoping to see the shop but so far no joy through my dealer, despite my planning 2 months ahead. Jan 11 works best. Anyone know a factory contact I can bribe nudge or beg?

·
Registered
964 Posts

I was there last week after waiitng a couple of months with my supplying dealer....
Maybe an email to one of the UK dealers would help?

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I did email a UK dealer and talk with mine again. Not sure what ultimately did the trick but I was able to do the tour last Friday. My fiancé and I saw the usual production line and testing stations. 6 cars per day. Almost all spiders now. Once they learn the roof mech, they will then alternate by order. Very cool. It's like NASA in there. Was not able to see my car on the line, but my build starts Monday :)

Also met the operations director Alan Foster and saw the F1 pit team practicing. Watching me, watching them, they must have decided I wasn't a spy and continued soberly trying to shave off another tenth. Didn't see him, but the boss was in house. Wow a once I'm a lifetime experience. My loyalty and fascination with the brand are cemented! I'd love to see what the VIPs get.

·
Registered
964 Posts
Really pleased they sorted the visit out for you , it is an amazing facility

1 - 4 of 4 Posts