McLaren Life banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have had my 12 for 5 years and leave it on the trickle charger when parked in my garage. I noticed yesterday that the green light is on showing power, but the red light is on also. I hit reset and it cleared the red light but it came back on overnight. I can't find an explanation in tthe manual or on the places I looked on the internet. It is the original McLaren charger and is labeled McLaren on the unit. Also the data on the dash shows battery is 94% charged.

Anyone have any thoughts? Thanks, Scott

·
Registered
372 Posts
I have had my 12 for 5 years and leave it on the trickle charger when parked in my garage. I noticed yesterday that the green light is on showing power, but the red light is on also. I hit reset and it cleared the red light but it came back on overnight. I can't find an explanation in tthe manual or on the places I looked on the internet. It is the original McLaren charger and is labeled McLaren on the unit. Also the data on the dash shows battery is 94% charged.

Unfortunately the "branded" McLaren CTEK battery tender is trash and will eventually crap out and stop working. It happen to mine for my 12c after a year or so.

I won't name names, but this was confirmed to me by a very experienced McLaren Service Manager who started with McLaren at the initial launch of the brand.

Go on Amazon and buy the CTEK charger. You'll save yourself $300+ and get a superior charger. That's what I did for m 720s.

·
Registered
1,199 Posts

everything seated correctly? the cable between the unit and the cig light adapter?
Other than that I would reset the unit. Unplug it from the wall for a few minutes and let it reset.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts