McLaren Life banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
560 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
obviously we all love the mclaren especially on the track! afterall that is where mclaren began.
as we all know the track is very hard on all cars and we hate to abuse our mp4's. without pushing the envelope to much, do you guys think a track day every other month is ok. or is that being to conservative or aggressive?
this is assuming the car has all service/maint. up to date and pre/post check lists complete.
any comments appreciated.

·
Registered
3,617 Posts
The 12c is the most reliable of track cars I have ever run in over 20 years of track days, along with the most cost effective to run with regard tyres and brakes.

Just make sure that you do a warm up lap and cooling down lap, along with ensure you keep and eye on your tyres, there is so much massive mechanical grip on this car, it hardly leans on the tyres. Re set pressure to 23 f and 25 rear before you start, after 5 laps check again, this should equate to 29 f and 32 r, they will then sit at this all day.This is a must, on my 1st track day the tyres ran up to mid 40 psi in no time, handling went right off. Also keep and eye on oil level,Fuel can be expensive; I have used a full tank very 30 mins at times

.Finally, make sure that you give your self time to adjust to the speed these cars carry in the corners.

Hope this helps

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
The 12c is the most reliable of track cars I have ever run in over 20 years of track days, along with the most cost effective to run with regard tyres and brakes.

Just make sure that you do a warm up lap and cooling down lap, along with ensure you keep and eye on your tyres, there is so much massive mechanical grip on this car, it hardly leans on the tyres. Re set pressure to 23 f and 25 rear before you start, after 5 laps check again, this should equate to 29 f and 32 r, they will then sit at this all day.This is a must, on my 1st track day the tyres ran up to mid 40 psi in no time, handling went right off. Also keep and eye on oil level,Fuel can be expensive; I have used a full tank very 30 mins at times

.Finally, make sure that you give your self time to adjust to the speed these cars carry in the corners.

Hope this helps
Great post.

·
Registered
560 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
awesome, thx bud
and keep a torque wrench close by and check after every session.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts