McLaren Life banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know that it is not advised but can traction control be turned completely off? Does this shut off the brake steer function? I have a track day coming up and I would like to try the car with it completely off.

Anything I need to know about prepping the car for a track day that is out of the ordinary?

Thanks!

·
Registered
8,123 Posts
You'll be quicker with it set at track track... Good question about brake steer ..not sure.. But yes you can turn it's fully off..

Slight peculiarity of the cooling system is you should have the level towards the lower end of the range .. If you're running max chat on a warm day if its in the middle or even full the pressure can cause it to spit some out the top.. So don't overfill the coolant.. Other stuff pretty standard. Run the tyres at 2.0 bar..

·
Registered
208 Posts
I found the best setting for the suspension was sport when on track. In track the car seemed to bounce on the undulations and left me feeling less sure of the car, in sport the car seemed to absorb these undulations better so giving a more secure feel and boosting confidence. Best just to go out there and build up speed slowly learning what setting you prefer

1 - 3 of 3 Posts