McLaren Life banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2,650 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I been sent only picture thus far of my car being prepped for the upcoming car show starting on the 15th of February. Hoping to have more pictures to post in the not to distant future. Cheers......??

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1360799700.979913.jpg

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
What kind of wheels are those? Love the darker brushed finish, but Ron Dennis said to put the factory wheel caps back on. ;)

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
Well I been sent only picture thus far of my car being prepped for the upcoming car show starting on the 15th of February. Hoping to have more pictures to post in the not to distant future. Cheers......??

View attachment 2087
Nice. I'll probably be there next week. Although I've already had a close look at it at Pfaff. My girlfriend is partial to 12c's in white.

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
Nice. I'll probably be there next week. Although I've already had a close look at it at Pfaff. My girlfriend is partial to 12c's in white.
I know where a good one is, standard brakes, loaded. Your girlfriend my give you a special Valentine's gift. Get it!

·
Registered
2,650 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
What kind of wheels are those? Love the darker brushed finish, but Ron Dennis said to put the factory wheel caps back on. ;)
The rims are from HRE model P45SC, they have been pushed out to the max. I know I would like to have the Mac logo but with a black carbon fiber swoosh.

·
Registered
2,650 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
My car is located at the Pfaff tuning booth, not sure where that will be but last year it was in one of the corridors with the likes of the Ferrari's and Aston Martins etc. As for your girlfriend liking the car in white, there may be a subliminal message there, just a thought. I'll be there in the evening of the 20th, it should be a decent show. Cheers.....??

·
Registered
2,650 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I know where a good one is, standard brakes, loaded. Your girlfriend my give you a special Valentine's gift. Get it!
Hey Markjayw I'm starting to get the impression that you've got a side business of selling Mac' are you working on a third. Lol.....

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
My car is located at the Pfaff tuning booth, not sure where that will be but last year it was in one of the corridors with the likes of the Ferrari's and Aston Martins etc. As for your girlfriend liking the car in white, there may be a subliminal message there, just a thought. I'll be there in the evening of the 20th, it should be a decent show. Cheers.....??
Are you talking a 'Bridal' white?

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
Yes MPB that's it, I'm sure she would love the suggestion of that colour on her car. Hope you enjoy the show and all the best tomorrow with the Valentine day. Cheers.....??
Thanks. Same to you as well. Maybe I'll see you at the show on the 20th. I'll be bringing the girlfriend, too. By the way, the car looks great.

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
I'm not sure if that's what they were looking to achieve, but I must admit it does look great. Just to add to it figured I should add the pic of the rear end. Cheers......??

View attachment 2089
Are those factory exhaust tip surrounds or custom? I see the Star Trek symbol.

Might need to get that carbon airbrake!

·
Registered
2,650 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Are those factory exhaust tip surrounds or custom? I see the Star Trek symbol.

Might need to get that carbon airbrake!
Everything pertaining to the exhaust is from Fabspeed, as for the Star Trek symbol it's the McLaren swoosh. Yeah I know your probably pulling my leg with that remark, although it is star fleet worthy.?? Not sure what you meant about the carbon airbrake. Cheers.....??

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
Everything pertaining to the exhaust is from Fabspeed, as for the Star Trek symbol it's the McLaren swoosh. Yeah I know your probably pulling my leg with that remark, although it is star fleet worthy.?? Not sure what you meant about the carbon airbrake. Cheers.....??
Meant might have to buy and install a carbon airbrake on my car.

·
Registered
1 Posts
nice car extremeride22

here some more i took, i'm no pro photographer, used my Canon S100 P&S camera (aim and fire...heh):

I spoke to one of the guys there and asked if it was Pfaff's car, or somone else owns it. They said it's been sold and client hasn't picked it up yet.

I saw them using a duster and rag to wipe down the car. As a pro detailer, i told them to stop doing so and it was ruining the finish on the vehicle. There are several scratches all over the exterior surface. They used the same thing to wipe down the DBS which is in the same booth, my god that car is swirled up as well. You have to see it in person.

They actually said "that's the safest thing to clean the car with..." i just smiled back and thought, "if you only knew"

Sorry, tried to get them to stop swirling up the finish before they hand it over to you, but no dice.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts