McLaren Life banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ANyone watching Topgear right now? Orange McLaren MP4-12c Spider vs Lambo Gallardo vs dodge viper. Its on COmcast history HD channel 875.
Just raced thru a tunnel at over 165mph on the mp4-12c spider.
lc

·
Registered
213 Posts
Thanks for the heads up. The 12c dominated. And it looked great driving on that rubble on the farm. Cheers.

For those in America: it will be avail on the on demand via your cable provider.

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
Great show! Tanner had some great things to say about the 12C!

·
Registered
323 Posts
Watched this last night. The drag race was fantastic. Too bad the 12C didn't have a 458 and/or some 911 variant-du-jour to embarrass as well.

·
Registered
432 Posts
I wish the challenges had something to do with the cars. The 12C did shine, however.

·
Registered
1,925 Posts
I wish the challenges had something to do with the cars. The 12C did shine, however.
I'm surprised considering how much tanner likes to drift that it came out well.

Agreed, this show just hasn't gelled. Tanner needs to go. Not because he's a bad personality, but having a pro driver with non pro drivers warps all competitions into meaninglessness. The drivers need to be roughly at the same level. Also, as much as I like Adam, his humor doesnt shine on the show, and he's just an awful driver that hampers any real evaluation of a car. Captain Slow isn't that much worse than hamster and clarkson, and so there is relevancy in their car choices that just doesn't come out. Rutledge might work if combined with two other drivers of the same enthusiast level.

There is a lot of good that could come from TopGear US, but the combination isn't working right now. Maybe it will just take a little more time for the show to come into its own, or maybe they need to just get 3 new guys/gals that work better together and are closer in driving aptitude to one another.

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
I personally think TopGear USA has gotten a bit better. Their "challenges" and road trips are more interesting. It might be because they haven't been doing it for 10+ years and they have the whole continent to explore/show. The Brit show is getting a little tired IMHO. Same old thing over and over again.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts