McLaren Life banner

Took the spider out with the 458 today

4K views 19 replies 16 participants last post by  AugustWest 
#1 ·
My son and I braved the cold to take the new Spider out today along with my 458 coupe.

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
Is the carbon horn emblem an MSO item?

#5 ·
TMB 1. Looks good. Close Color combo!

As a back to back. Ie jumping from one, straight to the other, how does the feel come across in a few words for the macca? I've exactly the same vehicles and spider is due April or May ..... I only had a short time driving the macca coupe 2012 after jumping straight from a new gallardo and at that time the macca just feels 'like a body glove' .... The gallardo then felt bulky, heavy and less 'at one with your feeling'

458 I think feels good but ......

Good luck and have fun!

* yellow spider owner ready and waiting "hurry up macca MSO division" am waiting eagerly!!

#18 ·
Great comparison between the 2 cars the 458 cabin is very busy looks likes a flight deck to many controls, i do like the F1 style shift light in the steering wheel, the 12c cabin is more focused and is a nice place to be and very ergonomic

I also i hate the US style reflectors just stuck on the bumpers, compared to the 12c which has integrated them with a much cleaner look

The ford GT is a proper drivers car you have to have big balls and skill to drive these fast, a torque monster and a cool car, check out this No8 car i worked on in Switzerland

http://depthofshine.wordpress.com/gallery/ford-gallery/ford-gt-hearitage-edition-n08/

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.