McLaren Life banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay. So, like many of you I have had a lot of very cool cars. And, several years ago I proclaimed that, "No street car will really get me excited anymore!" I was wrong! I just took home my new 12C (grey/orange calipers) and it's just wonderful! The seating position! The brake pedal! The pedals! The steering wheel! It's fantastic - I love it. And, it's unique! Ferraris are kind of commonplace here (LA) but the 12C is...special, somewhat understated.

Anyway, I just had to geek out for minute. It's a very cool car!

·
Registered
491 Posts
Congrats! It's good to have another Mclaren owner here in LA!

We should meet up at cars and coffee sometimes. :)

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Lemme know when and where for the cars and coffee thing and I'll be there/

Still learning the city- moved to Mpls to here last year

·
Registered
2,650 Posts
Okay. So, like many of you I have had a lot of very cool cars. And, several years ago I proclaimed that, "No street car will really get me excited anymore!" I was wrong! I just took home my new 12C (grey/orange calipers) and it's just wonderful! The seating position! The brake pedal! The pedals! The steering wheel! It's fantastic - I love it. And, it's unique! Ferraris are kind of commonplace here (LA) but the 12C is...special, somewhat understated.

Anyway, I just had to geek out for minute. It's a very cool car!
Hey great to hear the you love the car so much pkla, comments like that really turn my crank. Enjoy your beautiful Mac in the likes of LA oh and give JB a run for his money. Cheers....??

·
Registered
94 Posts
Congrats on the new ride. I was at the same point when I got mine, but it has really re-lit
my fire. Can't wait to get it back.

Keith.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Congrats on the car pkla. Glad that you're feeling young again. Show us some pics.
Cheers

·
McLaren Fanatic
3,071 Posts
Was this you - a friend snapped this today in the LA area:

>8^)
ER

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
Was this you - a friend snapped this today in the LA area:

>8^)
ER
Lol, looks like he doesn't like the crappy phone sound quality either! :D

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
A brief funny story: I promised my wife that the 12C would blend in and not get any undue attention given that a) nobody would know what it is and b) in grey it really flies under the radar.

Well. I was wrong. And she reminded me of that tonight when numerous people stopped to check the car out.

·
McLaren Fanatic
3,071 Posts
I don't miss much... ;) While your 12C is a bit more subdued than a full McLaren Orange car would be, I'd expect it will still get a lot of attention everywhere you go. You'll spend even more time explaining what it is since 'McLaren' is hardly a household name quite yet.

And be warned about the phone - LA bike cops love to pop people for it. It's like a sport for them and keeps them from having to fight real crime. :(

Lemme know when and where for the cars and coffee thing and I'll be there/

Still learning the city- moved to Mpls to here last year
Cars & Coffee is every Saturday morning in Irvine, CA next to the Mazda USA HQ from about 5:30am to about 9:00am here:

7905 Gateway Blvd, Irvine, CA 92618

Supercar Sunday is north of LA in Woodland Hills, CA next to Macy's every Sunday morning from 6:00am to 10:00am here:

6100 Topanga Canyon Boulevard, Woodland Hills, CA 91367

Both are great events if you enjoy cars and wish to share yours with those who do. :cool:

>8^)
ER

·
Registered
862 Posts
A brief funny story: I promised my wife that the 12C would blend in and not get any undue attention given that a) nobody would know what it is and b) in grey it really flies under the radar.

Well. I was wrong. And she reminded me of that tonight when numerous people stopped to check the car out.
I've had the same story/debate many times. It's usually me saying I bought a Graphite Grey one because I thought it would be discreet. The standard response is usually along the lines of "Yeah, right. Shouldn't have bought a McLaren if you wanted discreet"

Not sure you ever really get used to all of the attention so try and enjoy it!

·
Premium Member
1,868 Posts

That's great!

We can all justify anything if we have the means!

Once the doors go up on the Mclaren it's all over - key is looking good upon entry and exit. ;)

Enjoy the Mac!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts