McLaren Life banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Drove the old girl in the wet for real today and it's the first time I've noticed a downside over the R8. 2WD and 625 BHP in the wet really doesn't work ;-) To be fair the traction does cope pretty well, but I wouldn't fancy turning it off! Even on damp roads it struggles. Overtook accelerating up from about 50mph and it was troubled to stay hooked up :D To be fair it was in track power mode, makes me wonder if the winter button will simmer it down a bit?

·
Registered
156 Posts
Drove the old girl in the wet for real today and it's the first time I've noticed a downside over the R8. 2WD and 625 BHP in the wet really doesn't work ;-) To be fair the traction does cope pretty well, but I wouldn't fancy turning it off! Even on damp roads it struggles. Overtook accelerating up from about 50mph and it was troubled to stay hooked up :D To be fair it was in track power mode, makes me wonder if the winter button will simmer it down a bit?
My previous car was an SLS AMG. The Mclaren is a dream in the wet compared to that. You dont know how good we have got it!! :)

·
Registered
11,177 Posts
Winter mode works a dream,and you still end up accelerating quicker than anything else !!:) To me it doesn't seem to cut the power,more soften the delivery with the TC,if that makes any sense

·
Registered
156 Posts
+1

Got a C63 Black which steps out when overtaking on a hot day!
Seriously good looking cars. It has bullocks haha Do you have the aero package? Lets see a pic.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Does anyone have any idea if putting Aero up is meaningful in the wet? At what speed does it make itself noticed?

·
Registered
11,177 Posts
Does anyone have any idea if putting Aero up is meaningful in the wet? At what speed does it make itself noticed?
It will make a slight difference,but I cant say I've noticed,its what you do with your right foot that makes the difference ;)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts