McLaren Life banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
....or not?

Hello to all the expert Mc owners - newbie here, I am looking at some used MP4's, one of them has the front/back parking sensors - is that a desirable option?
Of course I would much rather have the rear view camera, but maybe this is the next best thing? Or does it add too much weight....? :D

·
Registered
4,955 Posts
....or not?

Hello to all the expert Mc owners - newbie here, I am looking at some used MP4's, one of them has the front/back parking sensors - is that a desirable option?
Of course I would much rather have the rear view camera, but maybe this is the next best thing? Or does it add too much weight....? :D

I find it a help. At least you know when you are about to hit something and it takes the surprise away.

The rear ones , seriously , are a real help.

·
Registered
232 Posts
I like them, and find they help--particularly in the rear. The front silencer is well executed so you can keep the noise down when you don't need it any more.

·
Registered
2,650 Posts
I think I've got a pretty novel idea that I've used for years: Turn around, and look back.:D
Your right on the money with that comment, I must admit I have used them in the past when my neck was in a brace. Yeah right never happened, what's funny though is people use what ever is convenient to them. Perfect example is the turn signal, I'm not sure but is this considered an option when ordering a car. Its not convenient yet necessary, so a lot of people don't use them, yet the back up sensor is a no brainer until you hit something. Sad to say but its all due to sheer laziness on behalf of those people who have no freaking clue. Cheers.....??

·
Registered
2,650 Posts
I like them, and find they help--particularly in the rear. The front silencer is well executed so you can keep the noise down when you don't need it any more.
What the heck is a front silencer, I've never heard of such a thing. Or maybe it's something that has a different name in our parts. Cheers....??

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the feedback - I have them on other cars where the proposed 'novel idea' also works rather well.... ;)
Ron Dennis probably said a lot of things in his illustrious career already, but I faintly remember him claiming in one of the many youtube videos I watched that got me here in the first place there are/will be 3 video inputs on the Meridian - any truth to that?

·
Registered
232 Posts
You guys might forgive the parking aid if you spent some time in a NYC parking garage. :)

As for the silencer---if the front sensor is sounding, but you don't want to hear it (backing out of a tight space, for example), you push the mirror adjustment knob and the warning turns off. Surprisingly handy.

·
Registered
2,650 Posts
You guys might forgive the parking aid if you spent some time in a NYC parking garage. :)

As for the silencer---if the front sensor is sounding, but you don't want to hear it (backing out of a tight space, for example), you push the mirror adjustment knob and the warning turns off. Surprisingly handy.
Holy cow jp33pds really, and this has been around how long? Honestly never ever heard of such a thing and I thought it was a European thing or for that matter English thanks for the insight. Cheers.....??

·
Registered
551 Posts
It's a comfort I don't want to lose. amagine backing up in a dark alley. You'd blame yourself not paying up for such small thing on such an expensive car

1 - 11 of 11 Posts