McLaren Life banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2,737 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I've always thought the first thing I'd do with the 12C is get the GT/HS painted rear end. On pretty much every color I think it looks great. However, I'm not so sure about mine.

I chose grey, because like the R8, I find the 12C style to be more of a modern, sophisticated look. I don't think the design is quite exotic enough to warrant flashy orange etc, but that's just my opinion. I'm now beginning to think that the GT-style painted rear is a bit more flashy/extreme and wouldn't really suit the car. What do you guys think? Think it looks best as is?

Anyone with some photoshop skills mind dressed up the rear with the center painted black like the GT?

And yes, believe it or not, the car does fit in that garage :D. I laughed when he sent that picture. I've been out of town, and my brother was kind enough to let me take up his entire garage for a month until I get back and make room for it elsewhere. He said he's not sure what's harder, getting into it, or out of it lol.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

Attachments

·
Registered
11,177 Posts
Treat him to a new Lawn noone,got to be worth the cost of garaging a 12c :D I;m still debating doing my rear,even after the front has been done :confused:

·
Registered
1,925 Posts
I've always thought the first thing I'd do with the 12C is get the GT/HS painted rear end. On pretty much every color I think it looks great. However, I'm not so sure about mine.

I chose grey, because like the R8, I find the 12C style to be more of a modern, sophisticated look. I don't think the design is quite exotic enough to warrant flashy orange etc, but that's just my opinion. I'm now beginning to think that the GT-style painted rear is a bit more flashy/extreme and wouldn't really suit the car. What do you guys think? Think it looks best as is?

Anyone with some photoshop skills mind dressed up the rear with the center painted black like the GT?

And yes, believe it or not, the car does fit in that garage :D. I laughed when he sent that picture. I've been out of town, and my brother was kind enough to let me take up his entire garage for a month until I get back and make room for it elsewhere. He said he's not sure what's harder, getting into it, or out of it lol.
Dat ass! :)

I love the base look more than any of the add ons. I love it in grey. And ice silver. Great colors. Ultimately, no wrong answers. It's what you like and what makes you happy.

·
Registered
11,177 Posts
Thinking about removing the rear badge. Anyone else do it?

I removed some of the badges on my R8 and just left the circles in the center of the rear since I liked the symmetry. I feel like the McLaren badge just isn't symmetrical enough because of the text + logo.
:confused: To me its a badge I'm pround to display to show my individuality in not going for the norm,so much so I put it on the front as well,but each to their own!

·
Registered
11,177 Posts
You have that giant rear badge on the front of your car?!
Yep,no-one yet has said it looks wrong,but I would like a genuine opinion from all the owners that have seen it on the owners section,i can handle it!! imo it doesn't look giant on the vast expanse of the bonnet,and at least people don't ask what it is all the time.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Usually don't like the GT rear, but I must admit that with the graphite grey it suits perfectly well.
Gives me some ideas !

·
Registered
2,737 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

·
Registered
94 Posts
I did it on my Super Nova silver, along with the roof In black, and the underside of the air brake in orange! Also had the exhaust tips coated black which really blends in with the grille. I also debadged the car front and rear. Just having the wheels powder coated orange.

I nearly purchased your car, but you had already done the deal.

Keith.

·
Registered
2,737 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I did it on my Super Nova silver, along with the roof In black, and the underside of the air brake in orange! Also had the exhaust tips coated black which really blends in with the grille. I also debadged the car front and rear. Just having the wheels powder coated orange.

I nearly purchased your car, but you had already done the deal.

Keith.
Snooze ya lose! ;)

I guess they were being serious when they said people were looking at it too.

The fact that it's not reversible if I do it is what kind of puts me off on it. I've heard that wrapping that area is not a great idea due to how much heat comes off the exhaust.

I'm wondering how labor intensive the paint job would be as well, being that it's not just the bumper than needs to get painted, but also the area around the grills and other body panels.

Anyone care to share with this paint job cost you?

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts