McLaren Life banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
2012 MP4-12C
507 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone rocking an aftermarket titanium exhaust rear section with a set of catted or catless downpipes? Any noticeable change in exhaust note pitch? Every video I can find seems to sound exactly the same. Thanks!

·
Registered
402 Posts
I had 650s with akrapovic catback and fie catless downpipe..
it is amazing and very noticeable difference. you can hear the turbo spool and a lot of increase in sound difference

·
Registered
56 Posts
Hi it’s joe at fabspeed motorsport. We have sold and installed many sets of Hjs German catalytic converters and catbypass pipes on mclaren cars equipped with titanium exhaust systems. Personally been there in the shop with many 675 LT over the years . They sound great and work great. Even had some gung-ho customers want me to remove stock titanium system but we would not do it felt going backwards.

personally akrapovic is state of the art and if it’s on the car already fabspeed systems will compliment it and wake it up. Any OEM mclaren with an Mso titanium system I would leave it on the car and get highflow sports racing cats.

no more power is possible with catbypass pipes even when tuned. Best advice high flow cats from Hjs Germany and run it clean no check engine lights no smell . Better for the world and clean air for all

fabspeed cars and coffee this Saturday 9 to 11 am

·
2012 MP4-12C
507 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi it’s joe at fabspeed motorsport. We have sold and installed many sets of Hjs German catalytic converters and catbypass pipes on mclaren cars equipped with titanium exhaust systems. Personally been there in the shop with many 675 LT over the years . They sound great and work great. Even had some gung-ho customers want me to remove stock titanium system but we would not do it felt going backwards.

personally akrapovic is state of the art and if it’s on the car already fabspeed systems will compliment it and wake it up. Any OEM mclaren with an Mso titanium system I would leave it on the car and get highflow sports racing cats.

no more power is possible with catbypass pipes even when tuned. Best advice high flow cats from Hjs Germany and run it clean no check engine lights no smell . Better for the world and clean air for all

fabspeed cars and coffee this Saturday 9 to 11 am
At what point in this pseudo sales pitch was the question in the first post answered? Making sure I didn’t miss it...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts