McLaren Life banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What are the best options for track-tires on the MP4-12C?
I am thinking of trying Michelin Sport Cup, anyone fitted them on their car and tracked it?
Pirelli Trofeo seem hard to come by.

·
Registered
2,650 Posts
What are the best options for track-tires on the MP4-12C?
I am thinking of trying Michelin Sport Cup, anyone fitted them on their car and tracked it?
Pirelli Trofeo seem hard to come by.
There's a lot of information on this subject, may I suggest doing a search and use the following words. Tires, track tires, or performance tires. Cheers....??

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
There's a lot of information on this subject, may I suggest doing a search and use the following words. Tires, track tires, or performance tires. Cheers....����
I did and got even more confused than before...:cool:

So far i have only managed to find Toyo 888 for my car, all other brands are out of stock.
Maybe they are the best option?

·
Registered
2,650 Posts
I did and got even more confused than before...:cool:

So far i have only managed to find Toyo 888 for my car, all other brands are out of stock.
Maybe they are the best option?
Sorry about that I just assumed that you hadn't done that, my bad. Your current location will make things easier to determine availability of tires. Supposedly continental have a tire which works on the Mac but I'm under the impression it's currently only available in Europe. Will you be tracking the car? driving it in the rain? I've heard as well that Michelin is supposed to come out with PSS in the standard Mac sizes. Cheers....??

·
Registered
886 Posts
I would try the PIlot Super Sport. I would void the R888, IMHO.

·
Registered
97 Posts
I can't wait to burn through these stock Pirellis. Then I will get a set of the Trofeo R...I think they should be pretty awesome.

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
Michelin PSS are very good, but really would not call them "track" tires.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I would try the PIlot Super Sport. I would void the R888, IMHO.
Why would you void them? I had the MPSS on my 458 and they are not "track-tires" in my opinion.
The Toyo 888 are the easiest to come by, i can get them from camskill.co.uk at a ok price.

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
Why would you void them? I had the MPSS on my 458 and they are not "track-tires" in my opinion.
The Toyo 888 are the easiest to come by, i can get them from camskill.co.uk at a ok price.
Try them out. A guy on F-Chat tracks his Scuderia often. He has tried every tire available. Think he said he liked the Pirelli Trofeo, but did not get more than a day or 2 of track life.

All depends on how much grip you want, in exchange for reduced life.

·
Registered
1,523 Posts

·
Owner
544 Posts
Corsa's have less grip and life than Pilot SS. Would not be an improvement.
Really? Thats suprising....i would have thought that its the Pilot Super Cup that are the track tyre not the Super Sport....

Anyway i am fitting the Corsas to mine next few weeks and i will let you know how they fare.

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
Really? Thats suprising....i would have thought that its the Pilot Super Cup that are the track tyre not the Super Sport....

Anyway i am fitting the Corsas to mine next few weeks and i will let you know how they fare.
Yes the Super Cup are Michelin's track tire, but Pirelli PZero Corsa's are similar in grip level to Michelin Pilot Super Sports.

·
Registered
560 Posts
the sport cup is the track tire and the super sport is a street tire but pretty good on the track as well.
im going to stick with super sports for a while.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
1 - 20 of 23 Posts