McLaren Life banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know there has been a lot of talk about this, but now Michelin has the OE sizes for the Cup 2 Connect. 225/35/19 + 285/35/20

Knowing this, I am wondering if anyone would still opt to go with a larger rear (295/35/20) for more traction? Thinking of also adding some spacers...

I want more traction on the street/track coming from PS4S. I also struggle with too much understeer on the track, but not sure I am going to do much for that.

Any thoughts?

·
Registered
'15 650S Coupe, Aurora Blue
227 Posts
I also struggle with too much understeer on the track, but not sure I am going to do much for that.

Any thoughts?
If you widen the track at the rear you are going to INCREASE understeer! You need to widen at the front to reduce it.... There are "minor" things that can be done with the alignment as well to help but a larger return will be changing front track width...

·
Registered
6 Posts
I know there has been a lot of talk about this, but now Michelin has the OE sizes for the Cup 2 Connect. 225/35/19 + 285/35/20

Knowing this, I am wondering if anyone would still opt to go with a larger rear (295/35/20) for more traction? Thinking of also adding some spacers...

I want more traction on the street/track coming from PS4S. I also struggle with too much understeer on the track, but not sure I am going to do much for that.

Any thoughts?
I would recommend a fast road alignment which will require camber shims, -2 degs front camber and -1.5degs rear camber and toe can be left stock. or slightly decreased. this will greatly reduce understeer and vastly improve turn in.

·
Registered
420 Posts
I wish these were available when I replaced my tires. Are these the same as standard cup 2’s but just have more integration for tire monitoring using their own system? I’m assuming the tire tread and wear is the same as a standard cup 2.

·
Registered
'15 650S Coupe, Aurora Blue
227 Posts
I would recommend a fast road alignment which will require camber shims, -2 degs front camber and -1.5degs rear camber and toe can be left stock. or slightly decreased. this will greatly reduce understeer and vastly improve turn in.
Not sure he would like the accelerated tire wear with those specs.... I used to run that setup and even with the correct amount of toe-in to even wear out (which then slows turn-in) wear was accelerated/uneven far beyond normal... Just sayin...

·
Owner
657 Posts
I would not put spacers on, but you can go as wide as 315mm out back on stock rims no problem. 305's are perfect. The front cannot exceed 235mm with most brands or else it will rub.

Reactions: ScubaAddict
1 - 8 of 8 Posts