McLaren Life banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey there everyone. I've been a member of this site for a while now, and have seen so many people's McLaren stories evolve. I do not own a 12C, however my father does. I represent the both of us. I thought it time to finally get talking on the forum and hopefully be a part of the Mclaren Life family. To start of, a picture of our 2012 VO 12C from our summer trip around Europe. Chassis #1416. There are quite a few stories to tell about this car in time...

IMG_1983.jpg

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
Your father has a beautiful looking car Burgie. I am not an owner yet either. I plan on being though.

Would love to hear your stories sometime.

·
Registered
8,123 Posts
Hey there everyone. I've been a member of this site for a while now, and have seen so many people's McLaren stories evolve. I do not own a 12C, however my father does. I represent the both of us. I thought it time to finally get talking on the forum and hopefully be a part of the Mclaren Life family. To start of, a picture of our 2012 VO 12C from our summer trip around Europe. Chassis #1416. There are quite a few stories to tell about this car in time...

View attachment 13929
Welcome Burgie! Glad you have taken the technological responsibilities on for your dad! Look forward to hearing the stories!

·
Registered
11,177 Posts
Let the stories begin,and let your Dad know he doesn't have to be Shy,we don't bite,well not all of us :)

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Your father has a beautiful looking car Burgie. I am not an owner yet either. I plan on being though.

Would love to hear your stories sometime.
thanks niclinacre! Likewise, be nice to have one for myself sometime in the future. I do have some interesting experiences to share.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Let the stories begin,and let your Dad know he doesn't have to be Shy,we don't bite,well not all of us :)
the stories shall begin soon… Of course, i will inform him, he's not as much of a car fanatic as i am, so i just pass on the relevant information to him. haha glad to hear, i'll keep an eye out. ;)

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Welcome Burgie! Glad you have taken the technological responsibilities on for your dad! Look forward to hearing the stories!
Thanks for the warm welcome Mikeyb! that's my job, have to keep him updated of what's going on in the Mclaren world. Hopefully they won't disappoint, as they did for us… :( Will do a big story about them soon. Should surprise some people. Not to bad mouth the company, just that no-one else seems to have experienced these issues.

·
Registered
964 Posts
Welcome Burgie
I recognise the photo location, we took dinner there last year on our Euro trip :)
I have a similar photo somewhere.. great experience for sure.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Welcome Burgie
I recognise the photo location, we took dinner there last year on our Euro trip :)
I do like monaco. Surpisingly not that many Mclaren's were about in June though. However i did happen to see a green one.

IMG_1823.jpg

Be great to see the photo at some point Gary. There is nothing like monaco :rolleyes:

·
Registered
964 Posts
I'll need to find that one- I think it must have been someone elses photo..:(

But one I found from later that night

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
Welcome Burgie
Gary, on a slightly different note (I think this has been covered) have you seen the photo of your car in the Castrol advert that appears in Autocar? Think it's from Wilton.

·
Registered
964 Posts
Gary, on a slightly different note (I think this has been covered) have you seen the photo of your car in the Castrol advert that appears in Autocar? Think it's from Wilton.
:) A friend told me about it and managed to get me a scanned copy of the page, however I've never seen it digitally to copy and save. Did you recognise me ;)
Not the most flattering angle :eek: but nice to have seen it in print.

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
:) A friend told me about it and managed to get me a scanned copy of the page, however I've never seen it digitally to copy and save. Did you recognise me ;)
Not the most flattering angle :eek: but nice to have seen it in print.
Can't quite make out your smiling face but it's a great angle of the car. It's an August copy of the mag that I happened to be reading, you're welcome to it if you'd like?

Op, sorry for the annexing of your thread but, welcome anyway!

·
Registered
123 Posts
Haha, my car's found its factory line buddy! Mine's 1419, also in Volcano Orange :) Congratulations on the fantastic addition to the family.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I'll need to find that one- I think it must have been someone elses photo..:(

But one I found from later that night

lovely shot! the azure blue really comes alive in this picture.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Haha, my car's found its factory line buddy! Mine's 1419, also in Volcano Orange :) Congratulations on the fantastic addition to the family.
Wow! amazing to believe our cars were once together and now are on other sides of the world. Thanks, if i remember correct, I think we took delivery 15th june 2012. :rolleyes:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts