McLaren Life banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright, I've read a lot in the archives on the best exhaust for increase in noise. Don't care about 5 or 6 horsepower... It's all about increasing volume across the RPM range.

I understand I will get the best sound with downpipes too, so I am considering catted downpipes (most likely Soul), but am also considering just an exhaust for now.

What's the best exhaust for noise without any downpipes? My research seems to indicate Larini GT1. Ryft seems very nice, but I am not sure the Titanium premium is worth it.

What's the best combo with catted downpipes and exhaust? My research leads me to Soul + Larini GT1, or Soul + Soul. Anything else I should be looking at?

·
Registered
McLaren 720S spider, 2020. Spark.
476 Posts
Are you looking just for quantity of noise, as in maximum db? Or is quality of tone, timbre important?

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Are you looking just for quantity of noise, as in maximum db? Or is quality of tone, timbre important?
Yes, and yes! Sounds good at 4.5-5K RPM, but cruising around below there needs a lot of improvement.

·
Sponsor
1,402 Posts
Alright, I've read a lot in the archives on the best exhaust for increase in noise. Don't care about 5 or 6 horsepower... It's all about increasing volume across the RPM range.

I understand I will get the best sound with downpipes too, so I am considering catted downpipes (most likely Soul), but am also considering just an exhaust for now.

What's the best exhaust for noise without any downpipes? My research seems to indicate Larini GT1. Ryft seems very nice, but I am not sure the Titanium premium is worth it.

What's the best combo with catted downpipes and exhaust? My research leads me to Soul + Larini GT1, or Soul + Soul. Anything else I should be looking at?
Hey There,

Fabspeed Motorsport has always been the first ones to develop aftermarket exhausts for McLaren! We import the best valves from Helical and the best catalytic converters from HJS to ensure the best quality products. We have been performance experts for exotic vehicles for over 25 years and the quality of our products speaks for itself! We offer a bunch of different upgrade options for your car and I would recommend starting with our catted downpipes and pair it with our x-pipe exhaust! Take a look and let me know if you are interested in getting special forum pricing! McLaren 570S & 570GT 540C Performance Parts & Exhausts

·
Registered
48 Posts

I can possibly get you a set of RYFT downpipes AND full RYFT titanium exhaust for you along with front carbon aeroblades GT4 style all in a package deal super cheap.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I can possibly get you a set of RYFT downpipes AND full RYFT titanium exhaust for you along with front carbon aeroblades GT4 style all in a package deal super cheap.
Message me details on this...

·
Registered
128 Posts
Top Speed Auto. $1,900 bucks, titanium. Been running it on my 570 for the past 6 months and love it. Cheapest titanium exhaust by far on the market and quality is awesome too.

EF71321A-57AE-44F8-BCDF-62D6CBC636F3_1_201_a.jpeg

15170632-C376-4944-A394-7AEDEC4A0DB5_1_201_a.jpeg

Reactions: SRM_AUTOSPORTS

·
Registered
171 Posts
I did Larini + Larini. Decided from internet sound and video clips. All I can say is that I’m pretty happy with it, but haven’t compared any others IRL

·
Registered
38 Posts
Yes , I want that EXTRA sound to but I am also aware that McLaren will kick you to the curb on any warranty issue if you have changed the factory pipes, How do we deal with that?

thx

·
Owner
627 Posts
Yes , I want that EXTRA sound to but I am also aware that McLaren will kick you to the curb on any warranty issue if you have changed the factory pipes, How do we deal with that?

thx
If warranty is a concern, don't mod the car, They are notorious for denying claims on modded cars.

·
Registered
19 Posts

thx
I went for the Akrapovic exhaust and seems Mclaren are ok to warranty the car with this on. They won`t actually cover the exhaust but everything else is fine.

·
Premium Member
2012 "Swipe" MP4-12C
724 Posts
MellowYellow,

How does your new exhaust sound?

FWIW your car looks amazing in person! One of the best 570S's around.... :)

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
How does your new exhaust sound?

FWIW your car looks amazing in person! One of the best 570S's around.... :)
Thanks man... it sounds very good below 4K RPM, which is one of the key areas I was trying to improve. So far the jury is out on the 5K and up, which is where the OEM exhaust sounded decent. I need to get some more open road runs in, too much traffic this weekend!

Everyone else - was close to pulling the trigger on the Ryft... It's a beautiful titanium exhaust. But I ultimately decided on the Larini GT1. I do like the Inconel heat shielding concept, and I obviously saved money in the process. The good news about exhausts is that it's an easy swap in the event I want a change in the future. I'll decide on downpipes sometime next year.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts