McLaren Life banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
MmmmcLaren
1,375 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I've been perusing some very low-mileage Mercedes Benz CLS coupé offerings w/ the Designo spec' (Graphite-grey exterior, Porcelain/black interior w/ piano-lacquer trim). Though, I haven't come across any optioned w/ the AMG-Sport body-kit. The model-years have been '06 CLS500 & '07/'08 CLS550 for the aforementioned colour-combo & I'm leaning towards the latter.

In-essence, I'm just looking to add a stylish, elegant & comfortable saloon along w/ some spirited performance - all w/o too much fuss. Yes, a CLS63 would be beyond dreamy but I'm not really seeking an apex-performing sedan. I had looked at some Audi S6 & A8/S8 models, and Jaguar XJR/Super-8 in the recent past.

Any insights w/ regards to such, in terms of ownership experiences and/or preferences of the latter 550 vs. former 500?

Thanks, in-advance! :cool:

·
Registered
83 Posts
CLS is a great driving car. A little cramped inside compared to the E class, but it is basically the same car. The 550 engine is better in lots of ways, but for the right deal i would not turn away a 500 over a 550. I prefere AMG cars by a mile over the standard. Typical Mercedes build quality to very high standards, as always. Its hard to go wrong with either 500 or 550 or E class over CLS, just do the usual checks, and make the best deal you can.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts