McLaren Life banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys i bought a 12c from mac dealer with about 5k miles and it has about 6500 right now with 7 months of warranty remaining.also whats a good price to ask for it? i started with 114k but is that too high to ask? its burnt orange. looking to see what you guys would buy if you sold your 12c. I like the 720 but scared of its depreciation. probably not buying another mac if not the 720.

·
Registered
268 Posts
What year? Couple or spider? The warranty is gonna help your chance of a sale considerably to a private party as long as you sell it before the time expires. You should put the ad up in as many places possible including on here. Have you considered consignment as well?

As for a next car that is a very open question as well. What's the budget? Do you track drive or street? Do you prefer turbo or NA? Etc..

I would stick with Mac personally as I prefer turbo supercars and the Mac does this wonderfully. 600lt may be my step up from my 12c when I am ready. If you want to avoid depreciation you should hang onto the 12c. They have already dropped considerably and are alot of car for the $. Why have you only driven 1500 miles? Just rent a supercar on turo for a weekend or something and save your money. Then you won't have any depreciation.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks guys ,i need to find the sticker to post- it is a coupe.
i did not drive the car much as i had to split time bw the mac, viper and murci.
you have a point that its already depreciated and great value so if it does not sell i will just keep it.
will try to find the sticker

·
2012 MP4-12C
622 Posts
Someone recently posted the McLaren email address to which you can send your VIN and they will send the original window sticker. Check recent threads.

·
Registered
900 Posts
Hey guys i bought a 12c from mac dealer with about 5k miles and it has about 6500 right now with 7 months of warranty remaining.also whats a good price to ask for it? i started with 114k but is that too high to ask? its burnt orange. looking to see what you guys would buy if you sold your 12c. I like the 720 but scared of its depreciation. probably not buying another mac if not the 720.
Price will depend heavily on the options and exact colour. The ESC is nice to have, but is dripping away with each day - these cars can take a while to sell.

As you have a Coupé, I'll assume that it's a 2012 - later years will be worth more, as they're very rare. A high MSRP car, in Volcano Orange would, IMO, be around $110k with your remaining ESC and mileage (assuming a FULL service history - many low mileage cars don't have this, and at least 6 months before the next one). Any defects (ESC doesn't cover everything) will hit the price, as they're expensive to repair.

As to what next, I don't know. I don't like the styling of the later cars - it's either too bland (e.g. 650 sides) or too "in your face" (720S). I might forgive the 720S once it comes down enough in price though. If you're not too tall, how a bout a Spider?

·
Registered
900 Posts
that's how i kind of feel now.slowly becoming classics .
Agreed. It's also an important car in McLaren's history, and more advanced than the Super series. My main problem would be what to replace it with - there's nothing anywhere near the price, IMO.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Best car for the money right now in my opinion. I have a 2013 12C spider and love it. I look at the 720s every few mons and love it but will it really give me that much more for the $ 150K at least delta if I find the right used one?
I haven't thought so yet.....I still get looks and comments everywhere I go even though it is an "older" Mac.....

·
Registered
158 Posts
This is my first post and I'm actively looking for a 12C. Post the details please.

Rudy
Maybe have a look at this one. I have a possible buyer visiting thursday but until it is sold it's for sale.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts