McLaren Life banner

1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
After 15 short months my baby has arrived. Big thanks to Chad and the crew at Philly McLaren. It has been an amazing experience. My car got in yesterday afternoon and I got a chance to visit it this morning. I have a set of winter tires going on so I will be driving it as much as possible right away. I have to say that it is a work of art. The MSO stuff is awesome and if you look close at the garment knob on the back of the seat, it is carbon fiber. I was toying with the idea of this and Philly Mc did it with out telling me. That was a great surprise and the kind of detail that sums up my experience.

Attachments

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Sorry for the annoying sideways pics. I'm not sure how that happened. I will post better picks after delivery.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Fantastic car! Congratulations! I saw almost the exact car here about 2 weeks ago, even better in real life... Pictures do not do this car justice! ?

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
My favorite color for the MP4. Congrats. Be careful with that gorgeous spendy nose in the winter.
Pirelli Soto Zero's are awesome in the winter. Xpel Ultimate the car before though.

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The Pics are fixed. I have the new lift kit so hopefully the nose will be safe. My Lambo buddy is arranging a clear protection party at the end of the month with an expert. I have used Venture shield in the past and have been very pleased. I will look into Xpel. The Sotos go on the car on Wednesday.

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
I know u are excited, but wait until the clear bra is on before driving. I have seen many brand new cars chipped up in the first couple hundred miles. I like your positive outlook on the wait time.

·
Registered
886 Posts
Whoa. Fantastic ride. Congratulations. That car is a stunner Enjoy

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
Is that front lip a MSO offering? Looks fantastic!
It's part of the new MSO carbon fiber bumper upgrade. It is similar, but not exactly the same as the Hi-Sport option front bumper.

·
MmmmcLaren
1,375 Posts
Woo-hoo, congratz' on the acquisition+arrival!!! :D

I concur, that MSO front bumper+lip look excellent, very befitting the orange+black+stealth motif... :cool:

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Is that front lip a MSO offering? Looks fantastic!
Yes it's the MSO piece. I had a chance to see the HS in person but I didn't like it as much. The MSO piece follows the basic form of the standard nose and fills the opening with a solid piece of CF. The HS version has larger vents and the return from the bottom towards the tires are plastic. The HS also has a CF fin that passes through a vent in the side of the car. That's the part that gets busy for me. The MSO piece keeps the lines the same. If you saw the 2 side beside as I have you would notice a considerable difference in design.

·
McLaren Fanatic
3,071 Posts
Glad to see your long wait nearly over. You were spot on with your choices too - this looks absolutely stellar. Can't wait to see some proper pics when you can show it off. :cool:

>8^)
ER

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Thanks for the kind words from everyone. It has been a hard wait. Philly Mac has made cars available to me for test drives with different wheels, brakes and options to keep me going and help with the selection. So it was a lot like building a home and seeing a lot of choices in the flesh. Unfortunately, I have been crazy busy so I barely have time to drive one car let alone 2 so the V12V was traded. I will be taking a million more pics and have drive impressions asap. The dealer had my car under cover in the paint room so I couldn't get far enough away to get a good picture. Trust me more is to come.

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
That, my friend, is just stunning. Same spec as mine but without the roof! Beautiful.
On the second pic down, it looks like the passenger door window glass is at a strange angle at the top? It may be that the Spider windows just sit differently. Or an optical illusion obviously!
Congratulations.

1 - 20 of 58 Posts