McLaren Life banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Having left Texas two weeks ago, thought I'd provide a brief update on the road trip. I've put about 4600 miles since leaving home, traveling thru TX, NM, AZ, NV, UT, CO, NE, SD, IA and IL. The car has performed like a champ, averaging about 24.5 mpg and meeting (or in most cases, exceeding) the speed requirements of the various roads travelled (whether set but the local authorities or my evil twin). The car has gotten lots of attention both stopped and on the road. Watching valets fall over themselves rushing to the car and the looking totally confused as they try to figure out how to open the door has been a constant source of amusement. It has also been interesting to see the reaction the car gets in small towns where they have no idea what it is, but know it is something special. The car has been very easy to travel with, just need to be aware of fuel availability in small towns that don't carry Super (note to self, fill up early and often when going off the Interstate.) only a few minor glitches have manifested themselves on the trip, nothing serious. The windscreen moldings have become loose and I now have the dreaded rattle at speed. Had one low oil pressure warning on start, shut down, checked ok on restart and has not reoccurred. IRIS Nav has been OK, but still freezes several times per leg, usually when it tries to do more than one thing at a time (navigate, answer phone, and play IPod). Bottom line so far, this is a cross country machine that is comfortable, reliable, fun, and quicker than just about anything else on the road. It's definitely put a smile on my face... For those that haven't seen this part of the country, here are a few photos from the McLaren's perspective. Looking at the preview, I must have taken this during one of many victory rolls...:). Not sure why it upside down and won't let me rotate it. Will try to correct before posting the rest.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,955 Posts
Keep the reports coming. Thanks. Is the aircon OK?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts