McLaren Life banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2,650 Posts
That name (to me) is absurd.:eek:
I'm also not keen on the square steering wheel.
My sentiments exactly LimeyBloke on both counts. If I had to choose between these two it would be the P1 all the way. One thing of interested is the fact that the P1 has a 5 point seat belt and the oh la la Ferrari doesn't. Must have something to do with the corner ability as well the g forces or the lack there of. Cheers.....??

·
Registered
419 Posts
I just wish P1 had a smaller and more curved canopy. The wide, flat windshield makes it look a little too Daytona prototype-esque.

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
I wouldn't call either of them 'sexy', but the P1 looks and is certainly more compact and lithe then the Ferrari. It also looks more purposeful and far more developed, aerodynamically. Although the Ferrari has some nice areas along it's flanks towards the rear, it does look rather chunky. The front of the car is too brutal looking for my taste.

I'm just tired of the entire 'aggressive' look to modern supercars. It's time to inject some femininity and sensuality back into them.

·
Registered
2,650 Posts
I wouldn't call either of them 'sexy', but the P1 looks and is certainly more compact and lithe then the Ferrari. It also looks more purposeful and far more developed, aerodynamically. Although the Ferrari has some nice areas along it's flanks towards the rear, it does look rather chunky. The front of the car is too brutal looking for my taste.

I'm just tired of the entire 'aggressive' look to modern supercars. It's time to inject some femininity and sensuality back into them.
Well like they say to each his own, as for the femininity and sensuality the P1 definitely has a lot of that going on. Love it. Cheers....??

·
Registered
6,894 Posts
It's time to inject some femininity and sensuality back into them.
I agree. Maybe this will help: http://sniffpetrol.com/2013/03/05/laferrari-is-here/

:p

My F-Do-Over name doesn't sound so bad, now, does it? ;)

Okay I've scoured the pics long enough, I'm shutting down for the night. Can't believe that on the day the most desirable Italian super car is supposed to be making its grand entrance, all I can think about as I go to bed is "what a ----ing stupid name!" Maybe I will wake up tomorrow and it will have been changed to F70, as if this was all just a bad dream?

p.s. will they even bother making posters of it? With LAFERRARI on them in big letters? Really???

p.p.s. start the bidding for vanity plates, now: LA FOLLY, LAFATME, LOL 4RE, LA FLAME, LALALALA
:)

·
Registered
260 Posts

I think a pink P1 would be the mutts :D

·
Owner
893 Posts
......p.s. will they even bother making posters of it? With LAFERRARI on them in big letters? Really???

p.p.s. start the bidding for vanity plates, now: LA FOLLY, LAFATME, LOL 4RE, LA FLAME, LALALALA
:)
Could be the people at Ferrari Spa are into that old song by the Delphonics: "LA LA Means I Love You" :rolleyes:

·
Registered
260 Posts
@DLC

The Shocking Pink P1 was all Peloton's work. You'd have to ask him for an orange one. But let's face it. Nothing is going to get you noticed like this one.

·
Registered
2,650 Posts
@DLC

The Shocking Pink P1 was all Peloton's work. You'd have to ask him for an orange one. But let's face it. Nothing is going to get you noticed like this one.
Oh I get it, he's got the Giro D'Italia on his mind and that's where this whole pink thing can up. It does make a lot of sense Peloton and Giro do go hand and hand as well. Cheers....??

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1365434530.738421.jpg

·
Dread man , truly dread
1,183 Posts
I'm in the minority again , I think the elfezza is a great evil looking beast and will absolutely fly .ferrari have thrown everything at it . exciting times in the Supercar world with that , the p1 , 918 , pagani , agera , veyron and that lotus looking wotsit all out to choose from .
I'm going 918 and p1 but love them all for different reasons :)

1 - 20 of 21 Posts