McLaren Life banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Vendor
“I’m a Tuner”
1,055 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Most of you already know me! I'm known here as @ima2nr (I'm a Tuner) but many of you also know me as Kevin.

I've been a McLaren owner and a huge contributor of written Technical and DIY info here on McLarenLife for five years now. My day job is at my shop Supercar Garage where we exclusively cater to McLarens. We maintain, modify, customize and restore McLarens for the past five years here in the Atlanta GA area.

Most of you already know Sean @EMF Audio as well!

Sean is also a McLaren owner and has been a huge contributor of knowledge thru dozens of YouTube videos on how to repair, maintain, upgrade or just DIY customize your McLaren for many years as well.

Even though Sean and I live multiple States apart (GA vs. SC), we frequently join forces to fly to YOUR cities to provide the services your local dealer refuses to do, or just plain overcharges for!

* When we're working together we call ourselves the Flying McMedics! *

By popular request, we will be coming to SoCal for fun, seriously fixing cars, meeting other forum members, and more fun (we intend to enjoy the trip).

Our base of operations from July 14th - 21st, 2021 will be in Corona, CA. We won't have a lift so we can't do everything, but here are some things we can do out of our gracious host facility (Thanks @Dano !!!)
  • restore/clean moldy 12C headlights (make your Supercar LOOK Super again!)
  • restore dim HVAC displays in 12C and 650s (Fixed FOREVER - guaranteed!)
  • upgrade to soft close latches (my favorite upgrade for the P11)
  • upgrade Hydraulic Suspension Accumulators (bet you don't even know yours are bad!)
  • Annual Service (with written Invoice for proof of service documentation and warranty protection)
  • ECU programming and diagnostics w/the McLaren MDS diagnostic Tool
  • engine air filters
  • cabin air filters
  • coolant flush
  • windshield wiper replacement
  • keyfob battery replacement
  • fluid inspection and top-off
  • general car health inspection
  • ECU recalibration (M-Engineering 'Stage 1' tune)
Ideally I'd like to get a group together for things like cleaning headlights so we can do a production line of sorts and everyone can hang out with other owners while we do the work. I feel like that would be most accommodating on the Saturday and/or Sunday we're there. Some things I need to know ahead of time to have the parts available, like latches, filters, and coolant. If you're unable to come to Corona, we may be able to come to you, just ask.

For tunes there will be vehicle downtime, so I'm going to offer something nobody else is, at-home service. I will come to you, remove the ECU, have the ECU recalibrated and install the ECU without your car ever leaving your home. No need to have it transported, or sitting at a shop for days, or find a ride home, or worry about someone driving it, and I'll do it around your schedule. Any day of the week, any reasonable hour (I don't intend on taking your car apart at 3 AM on a Wednesday).

If you just want to hang sometime while we're in town, we can do that too. Another McLife member Maris has generously offered us a lifetime 'bucket list' opportunity to drive a real F1000 open wheel race car for an entire day! OH YHEA BABY!!!! FYI Maris is the "real deal" as a racecar driver... I'm blown away at his exceptional talent and even more amazed how much he trusts Me & Sean to pilot one of these machines. (Don't tell him what I said! He might change his mind!) :cool:

It's unconfirmed what day or time, but we'll also end up at Peterson Automotive Museum at some point too (Fun Fact! Some of Sean's handy work is on display there - can anybody tell me which famous car is on display that Sean customized on a famous youtubers channel?).

We are excited to meet more of the McLife family and our schedule is sure to fill up fast!

PLEASE PM ME IF YOU WANT TO BE ON OUR SCHEDULE FOR FUN >REPAIRS< OR OTHER INTERESTING STUFF!

This will be the last time this year the McMedics will be in Southern CA with this opportunity so don't miss out!

Kevin P
Supercar Garage
Kennesaw GA

2012 MP4-12C
1,369 Posts
Don't forget, oil changes are part of annual service!

·
Vendor
“I’m a Tuner”
1,055 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm signed up... can't wait to meet you guys in person and do some maintenance and lights on my 12C. Also looking forward to a little fun factor...
Hey Rudy,

We absolutely will have some fun time after the days work is complete! I'm sure you can recommend the right local restaurant to have a few drinks and food with friends?

Kevin
Supercar Garage
Kennesaw GA

2012 MP4-12C
1,369 Posts
Hey Rudy,

We absolutely will have some fun time after the days work is complete! I'm sure you can recommend the right local restaurant to have a few drinks and food with friends?

Kevin
Supercar Garage
Kennesaw GA
Hodads, though neither location has A/C

·
Vendor
“I’m a Tuner”
1,055 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
This trip is almost full! We have one open day for an additional car.

Feel free to PM me and I will share my direct contact info for a deeper conversation.

Looking forward to meeting everyone in person! See you in seven days!

Kevin
Supercar Garage - The McLaren Experts
Kennesaw GA

·
Registered
65 Posts
Just an update: I took my 12C on Sunday with Kevin and Sean and "we" did the headlights, plugs/coils, maintenance reset and checked and cleared stored codes. I had a great time meeting them and the work they did was just a joy. Those guys know their McLarens. We also had a little lunch and we culminated the evening with a wonderful dinner compliments of Dan, AKA Dano. Dan is just a gentleman and a wonderful host. His hospitality and generosity goes to the moon.

If anyone has any reservations I'm here to tell you to use their services with confidence and endorsement from many McLaren owners and forum members.

I'm a DIY guy myself and can perform most of these tasks. In this case, Kevin and Sean have helped me do my maintenance with their videos and guidance over the phone without asking for anything in return. Well, I wanted to support them and that was the way of returning the many favors. In addition, I wanted to personally meet them and invite them out to San Diego for the next time.

The cars are great, these people are the best!!!

A little picture to show why I needed plugs and coils at 24K miles... look closely at the corrosion and the cause of misfires under heavy acceleration and full boost.

PS: I also got a set of coolant hose clamps and a cabin air filter for future DIY preventive maintenance.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
192 Posts
What a win-win for everybody. I think they worked on 7 cars while they were here. I got some great advice from Baja Rudy on paint touch ups and on a good lift for my 12C which I plan on purchasing very soon. They did all 4 accumulators for me and made it look easy. My 12C rides soooo smooth now. I didn't know what I was missing all this time.

All of the owners that stopped by were super cool and it was a pleasure to hang out with other 12C/650s and 720s guys while we watched the McMedics do their thing. They should be back in 3 or 4 months at which time I hope to get the soft close doors installed.

Of course the other owners I met now know where I live and are welcome to stop by any time for a cigar and a cognac, or a nice glass of wine if you're ever in the neighborhood ...... or ....we can just go for a drive :)

·
Vendor
“I’m a Tuner”
1,055 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Are you still in town @ima2nr ?!

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk
Actually we just flewback to the East Coast today.

Send me a PM and we canconnect to discuss how to help whateveryou currently need.

Kevin
Supercar Garage
Kennesaw GA

1 - 11 of 11 Posts