McLaren Life banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Don't know if this is the correct thread to ask, but here goes.

I have a mission from M'padre to find out how much the Mclaren F1 Facom Toolchest is worth. I have searched and searched, but to no avail!

Any gurus that knows?

Complete and un-used from the #51 chassis McLaren F1

/sebastian

·
McLaren Fanatic
3,071 Posts
I can't even hazard a guess - wow! :eek:

Incredible that you even still have it. Any particular reason it wasn't kept with the car? Did things work out with Henry and those wheels? If so, I wouldn't be surprised if this is something else that he might want.

>8^)
ER

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I can't even hazard a guess - wow! :eek:

Incredible that you even still have it. Any particular reason it wasn't kept with the car? Did things work out with Henry and those wheels? If so, I wouldn't be surprised if this is something else that he might want.

>8^)
ER
I actually think it was because that it would be "complicated" to ship it to Japan. Or that was the official reason anyway.

The 11R rims went to singapore!
The 23R rims are awaiting approval from above.

£10 [including delivery] ;)
well that was fast! thanks Greg! I will forward this info to the boss.

*edit: He thought that it was a bit underprice

·
McLaren Fanatic
3,071 Posts
£10 wouldn't build the crate you'd need to ship it in. :p

I could see there being an owner with the desire for more than one of these - easy to move the car around from place to place, but remembering to take the tool chest not so much. I assume there is nothing here that is serialized to the car? I've been through one once, but didn't have the best light at the time and wasn't really messing with anything inside.

The only piece I lifted out to hold in my hand was that massive socket for the wheel nuts - crazy thing that is when paired with the equally huge torque wrench.

>8^)
ER

·
MclarenF1P1LM-a-holic
123 Posts
I actually think it was because that it would be "complicated" to ship it to Japan. Or that was the official reason anyway.

well that was fast! thanks Greg! I will forward this info to the boss.

*edit: He thought that it was a bit underprice
[Dragons Den voice] In that case, I'm out [/Dragons Den voice] ;) :D

·
McLaren Fanatic
3,071 Posts
Wrap it in protective plastic - put it on a palette with strapping and then build a crate around that so it can't move or be tampered with. Then it can go anywhere in the world.

There's an example of this method in the background of this photo:

Interesting about Singapore - only aware of one F1 road car there today, and it just sits in the McLaren showroom in Changi.

>8^)
ER

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Wrap it in protective plastic - put it on a palette with strapping and then build a crate around that so it can't move or be tampered with. Then it can go anywhere in the world.

There's an example of this method in the background of this photo:

Interesting about Singapore - only aware of one F1 road car there today, and it just sits in the McLaren showroom in Changi.

>8^)
ER
The buyer wanted them for collection! Easier for me, since we could not confirm the integrity of the Magnesium rims.

Would be a bit sad to get a call from someone with a crashed F1 because of bad rims

I don't think it's serialised, i have to check that out later¨

1 - 8 of 8 Posts