8,061 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

·
Owner
1,126 Posts

·
Registered
986 Posts
What I found interesting was that Materazzi was involved/lent his name to this project …
Presumably he needed money. ;)
No, now seriously. I think the version is not really bad, except for the too dominant front spoiler, which somehow breaks the harmony. Otherwise, I like the refined details such as lamps, rear view mirrors or the ventilation slots. I really like the rear end, for example. And the engine power in of course a brutal announcement.

·
Registered
8,061 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Presumably he needed money. ;)
No, now seriously. I think the version is not really bad, except for the too dominant front spoiler, which somehow breaks the harmony. Otherwise, I like the refined details such as lamps, rear view mirrors or the ventilation slots. I really like the rear end, for example. And the engine power in of course a brutal announcement.
Yes. I bought a 308QV but would have much preferred a longitudinal engine layout and gear driven camshafts. So was really excited at the time to read about the 288GTO development. IIRC Materazzi was responsible for the engine and mechanicals and Pininfarina the bodywork design. I got to see one many years later at one of the Concorso Italiano events in Carmel. The owner was sitting beside his car under a shade tree - largely ignored by the attending crowd that were more interested in newer models, so I got to spend an hour with him talking cars and peering at the engine.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts