McLaren Life banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2,276 Posts
Said "they" won't be insuring McLaren GT any longer...they were going to stop covering that type of car...

So anyone have any recommendations as I look for my next coverage?

Thanks and Best,
G
Tell us more . You’re making it out to be definitive across all situations ….

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Tell us more . You’re making it out to be definitive across all situations ….
Well, Geico rep stated that Geico was no longer going to insure this type of car.Mines a GT. No Tix, no wrecks,old guy, long coverage multiple cars and homes with the Gecko etc...so not sure on other peeps exactly but that's mine. I'll reach out to those mentioned and sort...

Thank you again for the other names and I'll lyk what I find out.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Not uncommon for insurance companies to refuse to write a policy on high-end cars. I do find it odd that some of the big national companies (Progressive and Geico in particular) don't like to write policies on 150k+ vehicles. Progressive has a specific statement that they don't insure over that value. Given their huge number of auto policies I've found this practice odd, because it's a drop of water in their very big bucket.

·
Registered
2,276 Posts
Well, Geico rep stated that Geico was no longer going to insure this type of car.Mines a GT. No Tix, no wrecks,old guy, long coverage multiple cars and homes with the Gecko etc...so not sure on other peeps exactly but that's mine. I'll reach out to those mentioned and sort...

Thank you again for the other names and I'll lyk what I find out.
I have a couple of cars with GEICO and no problem with insuring through them …. I received a notice a couple of months to re-state how many miles I was driving the cars and email back to them . It came with a warning that if no response then they would increase the mileage and rates on my policy

1 - 20 of 20 Posts