McLaren Life banner

21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Track Rat Advocate
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Something very cool and purposeful about matte carbon. Love the midnight blue paddles and other details too.
thank you- after seeing the tinted carbon in various hues, I figured the blue would look the best. I still have a few tricks up my sleeve for 2017 and will pull out a few more zany MSO ideas on customer cars.

our last 675LT is going to be super cool, coming with a historic racing livery...

·
Track Rat Advocate
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
I've always thought the Flintgrau / blue-carbon P1 was the best-looking one -- it's beyond me why more people don't consult with a designer before speccing a million-dollar car -- so I like this LT Spider, too.

Well done, CJ. Post more photos of the exterior; I'd like to see the car in profile.
all photos were shot by sean from the store on his samsung... my shots will all be on instagram - MclarenDad / @cjwilsonphoto

here is a side angle

Attachments

·
Premium Member
22 Posts
CJ, the car is stunning! Makes me envious but also gives me a bunch of new ideas for the next car spec.

Enjoy!

·
Track Rat Advocate
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
CJ, the car is stunning! Makes me envious but also gives me a bunch of new ideas for the next car spec.

Enjoy!
that's my idea too!!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Gorgeous. I'm curious, for more advanced MSO work like this, is there always a set price they'll charge, or does the pricing and the degree of work they're willing to do vary based on your history with the company?

·
Super Moderator
4,449 Posts
Gorgeous. I'm curious, for more advanced MSO work like this, is there always a set price they'll charge, or does the pricing and the degree of work they're willing to do vary based on your history with the company?
I think it very much depends on what you ask for. Certain things, like racing stripes, would have a set price. If you pick a particularly exotic paint, Cerberus Pearl for example, you should expect a higher cost since there is more (I think) involved with making sure it comes out looking proper. But take the LT coupes as an example. Once the roof scoop became an MSO offering, everyone (allowing for some currency valuation differences) should have paid the same price.

If you go to MSO with a truly unique idea, something they haven't done before, then there is an entire process they need to go through to (a) make sure they are translating your idea correctly and (b) work in-house or with their suppliers to figure out how much your idea will cost to become a reality.

My advice, from having gone through it with my car, is start early and be persistent. The more cars like CJ's that come out, the more people become inspired and want to do something unique. MSO is a small group within the company, and they have a lot on their plate.

-Jamie.

·
Track Rat Advocate
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
I don't want to be gauche but the stripes were not that expensive, relatively speaking compared to the level of effort. On another car I requested "painted/ pinstriped leading edges on front bumper, side skirts, rear diffuser" and that was actually 3500 MORE than the cerberus stripes.

stripes are relatively flat fee with a small premium for the paint...imagine that if you did a custom paint color and it cost 30-40k, this was less than that by a lot.

·
Track Rat Advocate
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Congratulations! Your cars are as always beautifully and unique specced!
thank you- here is the next spec of mine that landed. While I did spec it, it's for sale as a stock vehicle.

Attachments

·
Registered
7 Posts
Beautiful car in person....

21 - 33 of 33 Posts