McLaren Life banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,252 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hang on guys, being the Stig gives me a few advantages and benefits when it comes to releasing hot off the press info.
And before I get bombarded with PM messages, yes, I am the Stig, the current one, alive and kickin'... :cool:

·
Super Moderator
4,449 Posts
I am the Stig, the current one, alive and kickin'... :cool:
Some say he's a mild mannered designer from somewhere in or near the Euro-zone, and that he spends his down time applying lessons learned from the Dutch Tulip Crisis of 1637 to the current state of global finance. All we know is, he's called Drifter.

Nice article, thanks for sharing... I'll have to go looking for a hard copy sometime soon.

-nh4.

·
Premium Member
2,505 Posts
If you're using Tapatalk to read the forum on your iOS device just chose the icon (that looks like a compass) to open it on the web and then login and you can download the PDF file to read in Safari. While reading you can also then tap it and choose "Open in iBooks" if you want to save it for reading later. The quality of the scan is pretty low but you can read it Ok. Great read! Clarkson seems to genuinely love the P1.

·
Premium Member
2,505 Posts
You really think so? Seems pretty much the same wanker review he always does, if you ask me. A set up to say he prefers the LaF, when it comes out. Watch. ;)
It won't matter. He gave the P1 an incredibly positive review. I certainly got the impression he loved it. He calls everything about the P1 (other than the name P1 itself) "either very brilliant or stratospherically brilliant".

Like him I'd be shocked if the 918 or LaFerrari are better than the P1. I think they'll each be amazing cars that push the performance envelope in exciting ways but the one I'm most excited about, and putting my money behind, is the McLaren P1. Go McLaren!!!

·
Premium Member
1,252 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Some say he's a mild mannered designer from somewhere in or near the Euro-zone, and that he spends his down time applying lessons learned from the Dutch Tulip Crisis of 1637 to the current state of global finance. All we know is, he's called Drifter.

Nice article, thanks for sharing... I'll have to go looking for a hard copy sometime soon.

-nh4.
haha that genuinely made me laugh out loud, :) enjoy the article everyone, and have a great weekend guys! :cool:

·
Premium Member
1,252 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Any idea when this issue comes out? I just stopped by Barnes and Noble and they don't have it yet.
Of course they don't have it yet. Only the Stig (me) is privy to the new issues weeks before they hit the news stands. :cool:

·
Registered
404 Posts
Awesome find, thanks for sharing! Very fun review. I'll be sure to buy a copy of TG when it comes out on the 'stands.

Wonder when they'll have the car on the TG test track...

·
Dread man , truly dread
1,183 Posts
If you're using Tapatalk to read the forum on your iOS device just chose the icon (that looks like a compass) to open it on the web and then login and you can download the PDF file to read in Safari. While reading you can also then tap it and choose "Open in iBooks" if you want to save it for reading later. The quality of the scan is pretty low but you can read it Ok. Great read! Clarkson seems to genuinely love the P1.
Sorry my brain just exploded :confused:

·
Premium Member
1,252 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Sorry my brain just exploded :confused:
Right, I hope you appreciate this Doom, its late, but here you go ;)

I've cropped and enlarge some text so its easier for those who can't view the PDF to read, sorry for the blurry-ness, didn't scan very well

·
Dread man , truly dread
1,183 Posts
dear drifter / stig thank you so much mate . Its nearly 4 am here and im going to read it !
Very much appreciated
wt

·
Premium Member
1,252 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
dear drifter / stig thank you so much mate . Its nearly 4 am here and im going to read it !
Very much appreciated
wt
No problem pal, I apologise some parts are quite blurry, but you can just about read it if you squinted a little now and then! It's usual Clarkson banter, half of it which made no sense to me whatsoever.. haha, enjoy!

1 - 20 of 38 Posts