McLaren Life banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Car is on transport as of today. Hoping for Thursday - Friday arrival.

Haven't really been able to go thoroughly through any MP4 to see what's included, and was wondering if the car actually comes with a lug nut key / adaptor. My past Ferrari and Lambo did not (still don't understand why)!

Also pretty sure I will only have a COPY of the window sticker. Has anyone been able to get a duplicate made of the original one. My local ferrari dealer was able to request one from FNA, and had it sent to me. Yes, it was an actual duplicate of what originally came with the car!

Dealer only had one key, but said they were going to get the other from previous owner. Worst case scenario, what will it cost me to have another one produced from the dealer?

I'm already placing an order for some stealth badges and center caps. Anything else you guys recommend that can add or distinguish from other MP4's? I've seen a few that have stickers on the door sills that read "MP4-12C". Did you just have these made at a local graphics shop, or does the dealer carry these?

First manufacturer recommended service.... I'll have to contact the original selling dealer to see if it has been done, but if not, what exactly does it entail, and what should I expect to pay for it? I do know the 2013 updates were just recently completed.

I think that's it for now. Thanks for any info / advice given. Looking forward to learning and eventually contributing to the the community!

·
Registered
11,177 Posts
Car is on transport as of today. Hoping for Thursday - Friday arrival.

Haven't really been able to go thoroughly through any MP4 to see what's included, and was wondering if the car actually comes with a lug nut key / adaptor. My past Ferrari and Lambo did not (still don't understand why)!

Also pretty sure I will only have a COPY of the window sticker. Has anyone been able to get a duplicate made of the original one. My local ferrari dealer was able to request one from FNA, and had it sent to me. Yes, it was an actual duplicate of what originally came with the car!

Dealer only had one key, but said they were going to get the other from previous owner. Worst case scenario, what will it cost me to have another one produced from the dealer?

I'm already placing an order for some stealth badges and center caps. Anything else you guys recommend that can add or distinguish from other MP4's? I've seen a few that have stickers on the door sills that read "MP4-12C". Did you just have these made at a local graphics shop, or does the dealer carry these?

First manufacturer recommended service.... I'll have to contact the original selling dealer to see if it has been done, but if not, what exactly does it entail, and what should I expect to pay for it? I do know the 2013 updates were just recently completed.

I think that's it for now. Thanks for any info / advice given. Looking forward to learning and eventually contributing to the the community!
If a lug adaptor is a locking wheel nut,then they don't have one/need one?
First service is at one year or 10k miles and usually around £1200,the graphics on the sidepod have usally been done ex/McLaren at a graphics shop,hope that helps:)
As for the key,you must insist on the spare as these have been re-programmed at certain points in the cars life,so I would assume they are going to be very expensive to replace!

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
Mac: Where do you live? Prices for service vary country to country. In US - I paid $1400 for annual service which included a brake fluid flush.

Btw. A little advice(don't take it personally): Do a search before you ask questions. Most of the new car issues/questions have been discussed extensively and you could learn a lot by reading those threads. Asking "what is Pre-Cog" makes it sound like you haven't done any homework before deciding upon and buying a 12C. Sorry if this sounds harsh.

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
I 2nd the key thing. The Dealer should have gotten the 2nd key from the previous owner, or charged him big time to get a new set made.
Car should come with charger and adapters, 2 keys, floor mats, and car cover if previous owner ordered it. Also should come with a set of manuals, possibly even the upgrade manuals.

·
Registered
715 Posts
Hello and welcome! Bet you can't wait to get your hands on your Mac.

As for the key, they are $1000 and they have to be programmed to the VIN. The actual key needs to be cut at the factory as well.

The yearly/10k service was quoted at $1500. There are a lot of options to add to distinguish your car many ideas on this very forum.

My window sticker came laminated from the dealer. Dod you buy from a Mac dealer? Or privately?

I echo the outrage at the missing key. If there are funds outstanding or in escrow do lot release until you have the other key. It could take months for a replacement. Same goes for the other accessories. Cover, charger, manuals all must be in the car when it changes hands. No doubt.

Some specs and particulars on the car would be great for us geeks.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
If a lug adaptor is a locking wheel nut,then they don't have one/need one?
First service is at one year or 10k miles and usually around £1200,the graphics on the sidepod have usally been done ex/McLaren at a graphics shop,hope that helps:)
As for the key,you must insist on the spare as these have been re-programmed at certain points in the cars life,so I would assume they are going to be very expensive to replace!
Thank you. I definitely prefer to be able to take my own wheels on and off for various reasons. I don't think I should have to go to the stealer for that. I do hope to get that second key for sure though!

Mac: Where do you live? Prices for service vary country to country. In US - I paid $1400 for annual service which included a brake fluid flush.

Btw. A little advice(don't take it personally): Do a search before you ask questions. Most of the new car issues/questions have been discussed extensively and you could learn a lot by reading those threads. Asking "what is Pre-Cog" makes it sound like you haven't done any homework before deciding upon and buying a 12C. Sorry if this sounds harsh.
No offense taken. I've been on these car forums for years, and rarely EVER have luck using the search function. Apologies if I've asked some dumb questions, but I'll have to go back to my childhood and say what many have stated before. No question is a dumb question. :eek:

I 2nd the key thing. The Dealer should have gotten the 2nd key from the previous owner, or charged him big time to get a new set made.
Car should come with charger and adapters, 2 keys, floor mats, and car cover if previous owner ordered it. Also should come with a set of manuals, possibly even the upgrade manuals.
Mark, are you saying the car will / should have the adapter for the lug nuts?

You contributed the moment you posted this thread - adding pictures or your spec would be appreciated :)
Thank you Sir. All I have are some pics from the dealer, but will definitely post some when the car arrives!

Hello and welcome! Bet you can't wait to get your hands on your Mac.

As for the key, they are $1000 and they have to be programmed to the VIN. The actual key needs to be cut at the factory as well.

The yearly/10k service was quoted at $1500. There are a lot of options to add to distinguish your car many ideas on this very forum.

My window sticker came laminated from the dealer. Dod you buy from a Mac dealer? Or privately?

I echo the outrage at the missing key. If there are funds outstanding or in escrow do lot release until you have the other key. It could take months for a replacement. Same goes for the other accessories. Cover, charger, manuals all must be in the car when it changes hands. No doubt.

Some specs and particulars on the car would be great for us geeks.
Thank you for some helpful explanations. The car was bought at an exotic car dealership. I was told there is a second key, and that they would be getting it for me (fingers crossed). I've attached the options list to show the specs of the car.
And yes, I can't wait till she arrives!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
Very very nice spec!! Congrats... Make sure u get the 2nd key!

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
All I would do os change out the front body color splitter to the carbon front splitter. Spec is very close to mine. Good job.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts