McLaren Life banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so following on from yesterday's post. im convinced my car is stuck in lifted position or at least partially lifted. ill try and include a pic.

it occasionally throws a pcc error on start up but clears and all modes work.

it will not however raise or lower on command and i have no vehicle icon on the right screen.

i was thinking of pulling the battery for an hour in hope's of causing a reset? or am i likely to just cause more problems.
20210504_192143.jpg

·
Registered
2012 MP4-12C
1,049 Posts
so following on from yesterday's post. im convinced my car is stuck in lifted position or at least partially lifted. ill try and include a pic.

it occasionally throws a pcc error on start up but clears and all modes work.

it will not however raise or lower on command and i have no vehicle icon on the right screen.

i was thinking of pulling the battery for an hour in hope's of causing a reset? or am i likely to just cause more problems. View attachment 211329
You can try a battery pull, worst case is no change, best case is it fixes it. I'd say based on the PCC history you probably need struts. Hold onto your butt for the cost on those guys.

Reactions: Anthony D

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
id be amazed if both struts have some how failed. at the same time.

ill give it a go over the weekend but its booked in,in a few weeks to have it looked at.

·
Registered
2012 MP4-12C
1,049 Posts
id be amazed if both struts have some how failed. at the same time.

ill give it a go over the weekend but its booked in,in a few weeks to have it looked at.
It has leveling sensors, if 1 has failed it could cause the other to not respond. Those without lift don't have these problems 😁

1 - 5 of 5 Posts