McLaren Life banner

1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got a suspension failure stop vehicle warning with the 720S. It went away when I locked the car, and gave it a couple minutes. No leaks or anything. Has anyone had this happen to them?

·
Registered
5,181 Posts
Got a suspension failure stop vehicle warning with the 720S. It went away when I locked the car, and gave it a couple minutes. No leaks or anything. Has anyone had this happen to them?
Yes happened to me last week — first time that I noticed it, no leaks observed. Dealer said it happens now and then …. ?

·
Registered
224 Posts
Damn turbo seems as you are having alot of small issues coming up. Hopefully the dealer can get it sorted for you soon so you can just enjoy it.

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Damn turbo seems as you are having alot of small issues coming up. Hopefully the dealer can get it sorted for you soon so you can just enjoy it.
Yeah, but the car is driveable, rest are just annoyances, which I can tolerate. That’s why I love this forum. There is not much support on McLarens from google searches. Compared to other cars, there are so few owners, that google just pulls up reviews on the car. I have not got a single bit of good info other than this forum and owners manual.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Vendor
490 Posts
Usually when one of the pressure sensors on accumulators see a value out of the permissible parameters a error code will be triggered. Once the pressure is built up again it will go away, take a few seconds to do that.

If anyone is familiar with the Mercedes ABC system it is similar to that.

·
Owner
471 Posts
It has to do with pressure built or overbuilt. I have gotten it twice - both times were when I drive the car and it has been sitting for a bit over a week, when I am out of town. I think she just misses me and is her way of saying...YOOOO, take me out! Both times it just went away within seconds of driving. Dealer told me it is normal to get it here and there.

·
Registered
83 Posts
I got the suspension failure last week. Drove the car, shut it off, locked it, waited a few minutes and it seemed to reset like others have said. But today I went to drive it and not only did it give me the suspension failure reading again but the car won’t go into gear. Anybody experience this? Thanks.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Never mind I think the not going into gear issue was because the frunk was open.
Yeah, I had this happen too and couldn't figure out what the hell was going on. Also had a few failure warnings, which alway cleared after I restarted the car.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Thank you for your response. Although my car is always on a battery charger, I think the car sitting more than a week at a time without being driven somehow triggers the fault readings.

·
Registered
229 Posts
I got the suspension failure last week. Drove the car, shut it off, locked it, waited a few minutes and it seemed to reset like others have said. But today I went to drive it and not only did it give me the suspension failure reading again but the car won’t go into gear. Anybody experience this? Thanks.
Is the ASL on? Is the car fully warmed up?

·
Registered
83 Posts
Is the ASL on? Is the car fully warmed up?
The warning was immediately upon hitting the start engine button. Nothing else was showing on the screen except for the warning and the active button wasn’t working. After allowing it to warm up, then driving it and then Shutting off the car and locking it for a few minutes, it started back up and the warning sign went away with everything operational again.

I just don’t think the car likes to sit for too long. Anything over a week and it seems to start throwing the suspension warning signs.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Having the same issue but way too frequently. (3 times to the dealer)
Seems like this is a pretty common issue given the dealer has several 720's with this same issue.

Yes, it goes away if you warm it up and then shut it down and restart, but...come on...
This is a $350K+ car. McLaren needs to get its act together.

This isn't the 80's where you should have to accept issues like this in a supercar....

·
Registered
741 Posts
Having the same issue but way too frequently. (3 times to the dealer)
Seems like this is a pretty common issue given the dealer has several 720's with this same issue.

Yes, it goes away if you warm it up and then shut it down and restart, but...come on...
This is a $350K+ car. McLaren needs to get its act together.

This isn't the 80's where you should have to accept issues like this in a supercar....
Unfortunately they (super cars) are all the same maybe Lambo is the exception. No excuse really, they should be better.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Unfortunately they (super cars) are all the same maybe Lambo is the exception. No excuse really, they should be better.
Ironically was just looking at buying a Huracan to pair with the 720 just so I know I will always have something to run around in.
Don't get me wrong, I still love this thing (way more than any other comp)...but man is it frustrating on days like today in Texas when it's sitting in a dealership

·
Registered
28 Posts
Yes, only had my car for about three weeks now, and i let it sit for a few days, then i got the ESC Fault, i drove it a bit, locked and restarted and it went off.... such a sensitive car... any of you keep the charging tinder plugged in, does this help?

·
Registered
87 Posts
Mine was delivered 5/19 and have never have had any faults. Car is always plugged in to the battery tender but not likely that there is any relationship between the two.

1 - 20 of 59 Posts