McLaren Life banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

· Registered
2,503 Posts
Yes, but not by a 3rd party. I thinking you need a special tool for it, but I could be mistaken. It's not a sealed system that is plug and play like a generic shock or something, so wouldn't be surprised if it's something that only the dealer can really do.

I would not trust a 3rd party to do it anyway. Mine were replaced under warranty, but it's not a terribly expensive fix either, IIRC. $3-4K maybe? You wouldn't be saving much using a 3rd party.

· Registered
9 Posts
I just had my 2015 650s in for service and Air Bag recall. They discovered my two front accumulators needed to be replaced. I did not even know I had a problem with them. But I can say I noticed an immediate difference in ride quality after they changed them. They were replaced under warranty - cost about $3,000 I believe.

· Registered
677 Posts
I just had my 2015 650s in for service and Air Bag recall. They discovered my two front accumulators needed to be replaced. I did not even know I had a problem with them. But I can say I noticed an immediate difference in ride quality after they changed them. They were replaced under warranty - cost about $3,000 I believe.
Mc Bevery Hills? If so, who is your service writer? I've complained twice that I really don't notice much of a difference, if any, between modes, and they keep telling me it's fine.

· Registered
91 Posts
I'm researching buying a 650S. Spoke with the service manager at a dealership in Cali and he told me he can tell when accumulators are going bad on a car at startup. Apparently when they pressurize, they should do so evenly. He said if you start the car and see or feel the corners level out at a different pace then that's a pretty good sign that they're starting to go or are gone. He also said that starting this year the accumulators have been excluded from coverage under the McLaren extended warranty.

· Registered
55 Posts
3-4k is the normal range for a set of 4 + bleeding.
Super strange they would only recommend two accumulators when the norm for these vehicles is replacing all 4 as a set 🤔

· Registered
37 Posts
Greetings All, Took my 650s Spider to McLaren Beverly Hills (Ogara) for air brake fault and service. After inspection, they told me that all 4 of my accumulators were "blown" and needed replacing. $3344 later the car is much more pleasing to drive!

· Registered
2 Posts
I think McLaren should cover the accumulators under extended warranty. It was covered until April 2019 according to McLaren USA rep. However, the new extended warranty insurance company decided not to covered it stating is a service item. I don't see how the accumulator is a service item. Maybe too many failures!

· Registered
2 Posts
I have been into auto part dealership for more than a decade. In UK and Australia there some store by the name of Exotic Auto Parts, they carry a huge number of spare parts for McLaren. I have tested each of the cars improved by them and I can say they have the best replacement parts other than the McLaren itself.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts