McLaren Life banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Being a Porsche guy fundamentally I hear often that the 993 felt light, which would have been easily remedied by lowering the car. Most 993s were not euro spec ride heights, and consequently float at speed. Even the euro ones could stand to be further lowered. Air cooled AC is horrible, no surprise there.

·
Administrator
2,482 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Being a Porsche guy fundamentally I hear often that the 993 felt light, which would have been easily remedied by lowering the car. Most 993s were not euro spec ride heights, and consequently float at speed. Even the euro ones could stand to be further lowered. Air cooled AC is horrible, no surprise there.
The 993 Turbo was a Euro Spec (German delivery) and the issue happened on both the autobahn and Spanish highway.

·
Registered
6,630 Posts
Loved that, boxer! Some great humour, too - "rubber footed spawn of Hades".... :)

Shedding a tear for the F50... hope it went to a good home!!

·
Registered
4,215 Posts
Interesting but I have to admit, 2 of your most disliked cars are 2 of my favourite cars. The 993 turbo and the e39 m5, especially the latter, are 2 cars I have a lot of time for. That said I can easily see how a bad experience with the car wrt to reliability would seriously colour one's opinion of it.

·
Registered
575 Posts
As always, I enjoy reading your blog. You truly are in an enviable position to have experienced all those cars especially the F40/F50. I've had the privilege of driving a F40 several times and it truly is a special car! I can only imagine what it must've been like to drive/hear/feel the F50.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
About this Discussion
12 Replies
9 Participants
atomic80
McLaren Life
McLaren Life is the best McLaren forum to discuss reliability, problems & more for supercar models like the F1, P1, 570, 650, 12C, and 720S!
Full Forum Listing