McLaren Life banner
21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
I think most people would consider any McLaren, Ferrari or Lambo in the supercar category. Honda & Audi have to work for it. I'd put both the new NSX and the R8 in there, but the old NSX I would not, even at the time it just didn't feel like a supercar.
Have to agree. Carbon chassis, fancy doors, bright colours, <3secs to 60, and lots of questions when you park. 570’s a super car, just not as super as a 720/65.

·
2012 MP4-12C
9,313 Posts
The “latest thing” segment. The endless variant and special editions that are meaningless variants, supposedly “limited” but are lipstick/body kit variants extracting price multiples, for de minimus if any gains in performance.

It’s the “instagram me” “look at meeeeee” “Im special, oh so special…did I mention, look at meeeeee….” squirrel!?! “I just sold it and got the latest new thing….weeeeeee…look at meeee….version”.

·
Administrator
3,148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
The “latest thing” segment. The endless variant and special editions that are meaningless variants, supposedly “limited” but are lipstick/body kit variants extracting price multiples, for de minimus if any gains in performance.

It’s the “instagram me” “look at meeeeee” “Im special, oh so special…did I mention, look at meeeeee….” squirrel!?! “I just sold it and got the latest new thing….weeeeeee…look at meeee….version”.
So we will have Supermodels and Lipstick cars ;)

·
Premium Member
2019 720S Coupe Track Pack
402 Posts
How about anything made for Gr. B homologation - surely they all deserve to be included? No picking and choosing, even the Metro!

·
Registered
16 Posts
I would not put the 570, NSX and R8 in the supercar category.
The r8 v10 plus is surely a supercar. It's a huracan with a different body and more features. Plus that particular model is a limited production vehicle with lots of growing equity in it. A timeless vehicle and the last of the big na engines.

21 - 27 of 27 Posts