McLaren Life banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was looking through AutoTempest as I always do, and found SBM11AAA8CW000187 for sale in TX… Gorgeous spec car IMO, with 10k miles. But $140k?!?! This market has gone crazy!

·
Registered
12 Posts
I'd make the argument that the 12c is undervalued in the current market. Compare it to other benchmark cars from the era and it still looks like a bargain.

Given the recent uptick of interest in F1 in America, and in particular the McLaren team, it wouldnt suprise me to see these cars start to appricate faster than Ferraris, Porsches and Lamborghinis from the same generation.

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
I'd make the argument that the 12c is undervalued in the current market. Compare it to other benchmark cars from the era and it still looks like a bargain.

Given the recent uptick of interest in F1 in America, and in particular the McLaren team, it wouldnt suprise me to see these cars start to appricate faster than Ferraris, Porsches and Lamborghinis from the same generation.
Right. Give me a 12C over a 458 every time.

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
Price has dropped to $129k… Great deal for someone!
That mileage would really put me off, as would the orange seat and door inserts, and lack of IRIS2. The last of those is also a potential sign that it didn't visit the dealer enough during the initial warranty period. You'd need to check the service history. It's also odd that they don't show the window sticker, or at least list the options, as it appears to have a fair amount of CF, which some (me!) look for.

The price (and time driving) makes me glad that I bought a few years ago :)

·
Premium Member
391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
That mileage would really put me off, as would the orange seat and door inserts, and lack of IRIS2. The last of those is also a potential sign that it didn't visit the dealer enough during the initial warranty period. You'd need to check the service history. It's also odd that they don't show the window sticker, or at least list the options, as it appears to have a fair amount of CF, which some (me!) look for.

The price (and time driving) makes me glad that I bought a few years ago :)
What would be a “good” mileage to have IYO on a ‘12 12C? And yeah, I would love ti see a window sticker as well, since it seems to have all the CF goodies.

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
What would be a “good” mileage to have IYO on a ‘12 12C? And yeah, I would love ti see a window sticker as well, since it seems to have all the CF goodies.
Personally, I'd say at least 2-3k miles a year, so 20-30k miles. There were common issues, e.g. IRIS1, HVAC displays, paintwork, etc, many of which should have been addressed during the initial OEM warranty. These can be expensive to address outside of warranty, so I would want most / all to have been addressed. My observation was that "low" mileage cars often had missed services, and didn't have [m]any of these issues addressed during the OEM warranty.

·
Premium Member
391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Personally, I'd say at least 2-3k miles a year, so 20-30k miles. There were common issues, e.g. IRIS1, HVAC displays, paintwork, etc, many of which should have been addressed during the initial OEM warranty. These can be expensive to address outside of warranty, so I would want most / all to have been addressed. My observation was that "low" mileage cars often had missed services, and didn't have [m]any of these issues addressed during the OEM warranty.
Great info, thanks!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts