McLaren Life banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The McLaren MSO lab NFT is taking off. The real life mclaren experiences they are giving away for just owning the NFT cannot be bought. Don’t sleep on this, remember there is only 2,012 total ever made and bought and collected by people from literally across the globe with a click of a button. Oh and each one costs less than $300, and you own it for life(unless you want to resell) Here is a video of the latest event/experience they gave away from the winners twitter.

·
Registered
292 Posts
You probably forgot to mention that the floor price is about $300 NOW. Original minters(owners) paid 0.5ETH which was around $1000 at the time.

And „taking off“? From what you can see on opensea it doesn’t look like it at the moment. I found that giveaway rather disappointing. Two
Winners out of 2012? And they don‘t even recognize multiple NFT owners. I do personally like the idea/project itself but the team has to do more than a giveaway to drive a mclaren ever couple months to suceed. I hope they can do better in the future…

·
Registered
4,373 Posts
You probably forgot to mention that the floor price is about $300 NOW. Original minters(owners) paid 0.5ETH which was around $1000 at the time.

And „taking off“? From what you can see on opensea it doesn’t look like it at the moment. I found that giveaway rather disappointing. Two
Winners out of 2012? And they don‘t even recognize multiple NFT owners. I do personally like the idea/project itself but the team has to do more than a giveaway to drive a mclaren ever couple months to suceed. I hope they can do better in the future…
You've changed your tune!

·
Registered
62 Posts
Opensea trading volume is down 99% from its peak. One has to wonder how long Opensea can stay in business if all their trading volume dried up.

Ultimately could've been a cool way to connect people with exclusive McLaren experiences but it doesn't look like they put enough effort into selling the value proposition beyond owning a NFT. And maybe that was by design. It's pretty profitable to sell 2 or 3 million dollars worth of NFT's if all you had to do is give away one VIP experience at Pebble Beach.

·
2012 MP4-12C
9,794 Posts
There could be something to the basic idea. A kind of world of Warcraft gamification of the real world. Where an NFT buys you special access, like entry to the “secret” Disney world lounges and restaurants.

For example, this NFT sword of power let’s you go to McLaren drive days not for hugely overpriced rates 10x the cost of normal track days, but for free, and for life! You’d have a bidding war. But it takes crafting to get something beyond the fad.

·
Registered
4,373 Posts
There could be something to the basic idea. A kind of world of Warcraft gamification of the real world. Where an NFT buys you special access, like entry to the “secret” Disney world lounges and restaurants.

For example, this NFT sword of power let’s you go to McLaren drive days not for hugely overpriced rates 10x the cost of normal track days, but for free, and for life! You’d have a bidding war. But it takes crafting to get something beyond the fad.
You don't need NFT for that.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts